Alright... call me a sissy... but I have a new Comanche and it doesn't have A/C.  I hunt in Alabama, and the humidity and mosquitos get thick real quick at the beginning of hunting season.  I have taken a look at the Novak sight and almost vomited on my keyboard when i saw the price of their a/c kits.  Is there anywhere else that sells them cheaper?

all you need to do is this, find your self a hvac from a xj/mj jeep from 1987 up to mid 90's not sure the cut off date. you should be able to get a hvac box for a 100 or less. Than you need to get the right compressor for your engine. you can get the evaporator and condenser from places online like rockauto. get a drier with a pressure switch on it. Then get your hoses made or make them.

Then you have the two option get the factory installed a/c controllers for dash, or you can wire up a toggle switch to a relay so you can kick the compressor on or off.

I do a/c repair and installs on everything you can imagine. I like to do the toggle switch my self that turns the extra fan on and compressor, I can decide if it is too cold lol 

Then there are the after market ones.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-A-C-Under-Dash-Unit-Universal-1860008/307400939?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6035&adid=22222222227089883739&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=203309310184&wl4=pla-333849578132&wl5=9026890&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115064719&wl11=online&wl12=307400939&wl13=&veh=sem

These will still require you to get your engines compressor that match's your engine.  You will then need to mount under your dash and run the a/c lines. you will need to cut some of your lower dah out to mount it. You will also have to install a drip line for your water condensation. You will have to get custom lines made.

I think going the traditional jeep hvac install is easier and would look better. The controls you can go either way. either do a simple toggle switch hook up or install the factory controller and wiring.

Did your truck ever have a/c or was it not optioned? If it did have and it was just disconnect during the swap there's a chance you still have the HVAC stuff installed, so all you would need is a setup for your engine. See what people with your engine as factory are doing for r134a conversions, then pick and choose components between those and your engine.

• 1 month later...

On 3/14/2018 at 7:31 PM, Keyav8r said:

OP has an 86 with a V8 swap.  Novak may be the only option unless he has good fabricating skills and a friend in the AC business.

We don't know what he's driving yet. A V8 what? OP, is there a reason why you won't / don't detail what you are driving?

In his post on 3/23 re air cleaner bolt, he said his truck had a 350 V8.  While it’s not a certainty, I’d say it was a Chevy/GMC 350 V-8.  

I agree that he should provide full info on his set-up if he wants any information that is specific to his needs.