gettin a free 14 bolt gmc

JeepcoMJ

guy I'm talkin too and tradin parts around with is GIVING me a 14 bolt complete end to end with all the new gaskets/seals for it included. it just needs to be put back together. the axleshafts are at his cabin but i get them too.

so what should I do with it? I'm thinking I need another vehicle to build. hmm truggy time? he has a dana 60 front he'd give me for some of my random parts so he can build a rat rod.

Got a boat?? It'll make a hell of an anchor!!! :D

Seriously, its a hell of an axle, but one hell-of a HUGE one at that!!! They can be had cheap and are plentiful. Don't even think of it unless your gonna run 37" + tires...that pumpkin will drag on EVERYTHING!!!

Now the 60 front... I would grab that! These are in demand and if you can get it cheap....you may be able to get some really good coin in a resale!!!

My 2cents...

CW

The 14 bolt is a PIG, but it can be shaved down, and you can have the ring gear turned down as well and gain something like an additional3.5 inches. Do a search on pirate... tons of info there about how to do it, and how to build a new diff cover. As for the front 60 if its a chevy it wil have the wrong side drop, so.... give it to me :D or swap in a different t-case and make it work

ha, well they're both complete. sorry it was dark so no pics.

what's a 14 bolt worth? I'm keeping the front 60 for now as I have a rig available to become a truggy. I want a 60 rear.

I also got a 58-ish willy's grille, and a brand new set of rear e-brake cables for a longbed comanche from the guy for free

he has an old complete FC with a functioning willy's hydraulic plow, and some dana 205 divorced t-cases that he doesn't want (hence I'm grabbing them) plus a 340 and tranny for it that are set up for racing etc.

the guy is a blacksmith as a hobby...builds swords and armour and the like. interesting fellow.

n69205416_32220125_9888.jpg

n69205416_32220126_193.jpg

n69205416_32220127_451.jpg

That grille is worth a bunch.

I'd ask why you want a 60 rear? Most of them are 30 spline junk (strong as a D44). And they have a weaker R&P then the 14B. And the 14B carrier is BEEF. Oh, and detroits are hella cheap for a 14B.

Man up and shave the 14B. There's a reason why a lot of the comp guys are running them now.

that grille is 1953-1955

1956 the 3 bar grille came back. you've got a 5 bar grille. Plus its missing the little vent hole under the pass.side light.

I'm grabbing that grille for future use on my CJ. Should definately look interesting. I'm still waiting on that '60 W-O pickup with the fact. PTO winch. The sorry-arsed P.O still wants $3000 for it and nobody will touch it, but I just got myself a 1980 CJ for $300. Rust free. yay!

At most a 14b is worth 500, thats what you can get a military surplus one for that is "Brand New" In the military crate. By the way that is with 4.56's and a detriot :eek: There are a couple of companies selling them all ready converted to disc brakes for 750 :hmm: So they are pretty much worth nothing used, but their parts (mainly brakes if in good condition) are wortrh a few dollars to ppl who insist on keeping drums. I donated my drum parts to a local farmer for his farm truck :nuts:

Wanna sell those parking brake cables to me? Pleeeease?

lol, not really...I may need them on the 89....

pm me an offer though. I have use for them on the 89 and my diesel, but idk....:D

now, the willys grille. THAT is DEFINITELY for sale. I have zero use for it.

oh, the guy is gonna be sellin me his 340 and auto trans (Idk what they are really) but they're set up for high power etc...

combine those with a dana 60 front and gm 14 bolt rear, on a 1991 shortbed (used to be a 4 cylinder 2wd 4 speed), with say, rockhard's tires....:D

oh, that's another thing. I'm trying to get another manche...it will be dirt cheap if only i could get a hold of the damned guy.

Pat, whatcha want for the Willys grille?

idk. pm me what you think it's worth.

I think I'd let it go for something like $75 but I've been thinking of just f*ing around with a flat-fender MJ and this grille on tatersalad....with a stepside box like I had planned before...

That grille would be f'ing badass on my MJ.

Which gives me a bad idea actually. I might be able to get my dirty little paws on one. Uh-oh.

I had you in mind actually.

and I'm thinking you need to give it a try. let me see when it's done, cause you HAVE to do it