Eagles Beat the Odds - Again

HOrnbrod

3 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

For next season, who will Philly start at QB: Wentz or Foels?

QB controversy?

(Disclaimer: I was not rooting for NE, but as a diehard, lifelong 'skins fan, I could not root for Philly.)

That's usually a good problem for a team to have. It's up to the coaching staff to keep both guys happy. I remember back in the day when your Skins had Jurgensen, Kilmer, and later Theismann all fighting to be the starter. 

2 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

That's usually a good problem for a team to have. It's up to the coaching staff to keep both guys happy. I remember back in the day when your Skins had Jurgensen, Kilmer, and later Theismann all fighting to be the starter. 

Yeah, I remember that, too.  It is the stuff of legend today.  Sonny and Billy both hated Joe (they both still do).  They teamed up to keep Joe on the sidelines.   Joe was desperate to play, he would return punts.  Once he tried punting (after he was starting QB).  I seam to recall a 9 yd punt.

I recall Dallas having two starting QBs.  They kept switching starters from game-to-game.  That did not work out to well.

Of course, Philly will have some trading chips if they need them.  Possibly move up in the draft in 2019.  Washington will be looking for QB if/when Smith doesn't work out.

Sonny is one of my favorite QB's ever. Probably the best pure passer in the NFL. That big ole beer gut never bothered him at all.   :laugh:   Kilmer's passes sometimes went end-over-end, but he usually got the job done. And he could/would run through a brick wall. Was a great team with George at the helm. Theismann was good too but a bit of a whiner. I was a Giants fan back then and loved Tarkenton. Their epic battles with the Skins were legend.

Skins fans fondly remember the good ole days.  Those were all before Dan Snyder took over.

I will give it to Philly.  They were the better team.  Last night set some new records: most yards in SB, highest points scored (or close to it), only one punt, only one sack.

With 2+ minutes left, I was expecting NE to drive down and score.  Philly, however, was thinking otherwise.