Lthompson741

Project: Scrapyard Save

Well it was out of the garage under its own power.   New radiatior, cooling hoses, and heater core hoses.  No difference in running, but it’s nice not to have a leaky radiator.   I’m still waiting on the overflow bottle from amazon, and that project should be buttoned up.

I actually put about 5 miles on it, on Saturday, with little to no brakes and it seemed to run well, and shift very smoothly.

Next up is trying to figure out the brakes.

D21CF3E5-C274-4A3C-B23E-C6CFCF1D31CC.jpeg

Very nice truck you found there. I think behind a barn would still count as a barn find. Jeeps are definitely an addiction, one is never enough. 

Well cooling system is done.   It now has a open cooling system.   I found a overflow bottle for amazon for $10 that fit right next to the radiator.   Just had to move the fuel pump relay/resistor.    

After messing with with the brakes I’ve narrowed it down to the brake line the runs over the rear axle has a leak and is sucking air.   I can prove it a 100 percent, but the rest of the brake lines are new and all the fitting are tight.    So we will see if amazon wouldn’t of shipped it via snail mail I would know by now.   Not many pictures.   Here’s a pic of me running it with the new cooling system/hover Jeep.

A0643D37-6250-4688-AFBA-30686C470455.jpeg

On 2/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, JMO413 said:

Very nice truck you found there. I think behind a barn would still count as a barn find. Jeeps are definitely an addiction, one is never enough. 

Thank you!   Yeah it’s growing on me the more I mess with it and I really want to get it on the road.   I know about the addiction.   I’ve got 4 jeeps right now, I had 6 at one point but am slowly selling them off and centering my interest on a couple instead of 4 or 5 huge project.s

Still waiting on my brake line going on 10 days now from amazon.   So I’ve been Slowly cleaning it up.   After a couple of coats of wax, it does look halfway decent.    There is no clear coat on the hood or the roof, so it will be short lived, but it looks a lot better.     After brakes I need to get the new tail pipe installed, new windshield and plates/insurance to be on the road.   

EB8ACD42-ED8E-4927-9D77-9B95321B26A8.jpeg

B37E7ACC-81E5-4478-9E4A-22F463342C9E.jpeg

64E23A2A-3BD5-4C0F-AB52-77DE7DDF60B7.jpeg

Well, new brake line arrived spent the night bleeding it again and no change.     I posted a question about it in tech, but I’m starting to think the master cylinder is done.     Irratic pressure to the rear, I’m fairly confident I got the air out as I’ve been thru almost a gallon on fluid now.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

are you using the rear prop valve?

Yes I am, and I am starting to regret it at this point.    I at about my witts end.   This was night three of bleeding brakes and no further.  

I also replaced the master as at 230k it seemed like a decent idea and was only $30.

at this point I think I'd scrap the entire thing for a dual booster setup and eliminate the rear prop valve.  plus you'll gain superior braking power too. :D 

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

at this point I think I'd scrap the entire thing for a dual booster setup and eliminate the rear prop valve.  plus you'll gain superior braking power too. :D 

Yeah I think I’m going to start researching what all I need to do.