After selling "Chief" a couple years ago I've been looking for a new MJ.  I've been pretty picky but I finally found the perfect donor.  This little machine is as stripped as they get, heck it doesn't even have power steering.  The plan is a complete 98 conversion, 37's, 44hp front and 8.8 rear, homemade 3 link front suspension, RCV's ect, ect, ect.  My plan is to make a street-able Expedition rig to drive out to run the Rubicon Trail next July.  This is what it looked like when I pulled in to pick it up.  Can't wait to get started.

00J0J_2KMWmnxsFym_1200x900.jpg

Thanks guys, this little rig has the cleanest unibody I've ever seen and with the exception of the driver's floor pan it's completely rust free.  It runs great and within a few minutes of rolling it off the trailer I put it to work helping me clean the garage.

IMG_20171105_095901.jpg

I'm goin through the same ordeal with my 90. Floors all rotted out. Lots of time with the spot weld cutter. I had to replace the inner and outer rockers as well. 

Right on, I'm almost done. It was much easier with the dash out of the way.  I bought this stuff to treat the pits that I couldn't get to.

IMG_20171122_161814.jpg

I've always loved the J10 Golden Eagles and since Jeep didnt make a MJ with this package I figured I better.  So this is my is my inspiration.  The J10 birds are too big for our hoods but they now make one for the JKs that fit nicely.

8478b9a8eefb44f202549a73b7a29c96--jeep-cj-jeep-truck.jpg

Took advantage of the great weather today to pressure wash and scrub the donor interior.  I still have some spots to deal with later but I'm real happy with how well the fabric cleaned up.

IMG_20171203_144749.jpg

My JCR Sliders showed up today.  They are supposed to be MJ specific but they are definitely going to need some work to fit right.  But I will say at 57 pounds per side they are beefy.

IMG_20171209_155730.jpg

Finished cutting out all the rot this afternoon and got the floors all ground down and wire brushed.  Now for some rust conversation to make sure it doesn't return. 

IMG_20171209_172731.jpg

3 hours ago, jbain said:

My JCR Sliders showed up today.  They are supposed to be MJ specific but they are definitely going to need some work to fit right.  But I will say at 57 pounds per side they are beefy.

IMG_20171209_155730.jpg

What is it that doesn’t fit right? Just curious. 

Neutralized the acid this mornings and wiped everything down with solvent.  Laid down a couple thin coats of etching primer, big difference in before and after.

IMG_20171210_103136.jpg

IMG_20171210_101103.jpg

IMG_20171210_101044.jpg

Looking good! Definitely going to remember this when I get to doing my floor pans. How much working did you have to do for making the XJ floors work? Also, I have been wondering what axle you are planning to use for the front hp 44?

Not much n the pan, it was pretty close.  I'm using a 79 F250 HP Dana 44 narrowed to waggy width with a Detroit and RCVs.  Out back I'll be using an 8.8 and a Spartan Locker.

Time to call it a day, it's always a good feeling when the cutting and grinding is done (well at least on the body).  Now just a few hours of welding a couple tubes of sealer and it will be time to move on to the H.O. swap.

IMG_20171210_170324.jpg