California Comanche

44 minutes ago, Pete M said:

is it the camera angle, or does the positive cable seem awfully close to the grounded battery tiedown?

just the camera angle i think. it's got a little room and it's all pretty stable at the moment. I will see if there's any room to adjust though, I appreciate the keen eye. would not be a fun trail repair lol. 

More little things today. The headliner is pretty much the first thing I wanted to take care of when I bought the truck but other things took precedent. Pulled it out earlier this week, cleaned up the top of the cab and laid down the dynamat today. also started on the rear of the cab. I'll be adding reflectix while I wait for the samples for the new headliner but will be going with some sort of grey.  

hlxiMNu.jpg

ONd62w8.jpg

All done with dynamat and reflectix for now, very pleased with the results. I left the truck parked in the sun yesterday to see if I could notice a difference and it sure felt a lot cooler. Just waiting on headliner samples so I can finish the board

4TVBCfr.jpg

On 4/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, crumbscomanche said:
more stuff from the summer prep list. new silicone vacuum lines from hspi motorsports. they forgot to pack the couple of T pieces I'll need to finish up but really happy with how this turned out. 

You know I have vac fittings in the xj dog! You think I wear that Calvary hat for nothing?

87 XJ Wagoneer Ltd I-6 NP242 AW4 HPD30/D44

1 minute ago, Kyleinreallife said:

You know I have vac fittings in the xj dog! You think I wear that Calvary hat for nothing?

hahaha I think they were supposed to be beefier silicone ones. I'm going to need to clean up all the hoses once I have the rest in. Not sure how I feel about the evap to air box line going right over the valve cover. 

hahaha I think they were supposed to be beefier silicone ones. I'm going to need to clean up all the hoses once I have the rest in. Not sure how I feel about the evap to air box line going right over the valve cover. 

As long as the hoods not closing on it I think you’ll be alright. Imma be working on mine this weekend if you wanna bring Minnie by for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man. That's a lot of work, and fast! I've had mine 11 years now and just recently started to fix it up! Keep up the good work, and thanks for the suggestions. Those Krustybuilt sliders are legit.

11 hours ago, Pancho975 said:

Wow man. That's a lot of work, and fast! I've had mine 11 years now and just recently started to fix it up! Keep up the good work, and thanks for the suggestions. Those Krustybuilt sliders are legit.

thanks man. @krustyballer16 sliders are easily the best investment I've made on the truck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my sound system set up and 3m ceramic tint. Focal K2 speakers and 10'' Cerwin Vega with built in amp. Also had new speaker wires ran throughout and the doors dynamatted with my leftover material. It sounds unreal now, doesn't even remotely compare to the way it was before! 

syYciCv.jpg

p89I1i0.jpg

6zBcxNq.jpg

lU9j1Sa.jpg

DqXvWA5.jpg

ouvWBDd.jpg

A local MJ owner (thanks hector if you are on here!) hooked me up with a sick MJ hood with the Mach 1 mustang hood scoop, inspired by the JCR manche. I believe it's an original hood scoop with the original turn signal lenses. A little work needs to be done above/below to clean it up but it's functional and I love the look. My old hood had some damage around the corners from an accident the PO had. Still debating the bedliner stripe...

I also will be redoing my posi-lok system this weekend as it broke last trip out. I called posilok/sporttruck and they warrantied it and are sending me a new cable, which is awesome. I figured I'd replace my t-case linkage while I'm at it, so I got the Azzy's kit. The quality is top notch and the MJ decal is sweet. Too bad nobody will ever see it! 

7NVgNGi.jpg

WAscfKy.jpg

Y42RdA0.jpg

INiwDIn.jpg

tzPKmy2.jpg

yYWE7TX.jpg

On 4/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, crumbscomanche said:

more stuff from the summer prep list. new silicone vacuum lines from hspi motorsports. they forgot to pack the couple of T pieces I'll need to finish up but really happy with how this turned out. 

before: 

LKw2szk.jpg

after:

QVLtVgW.jpg

vDXzCAc.jpg

So that looks sick!

But they don't make it for the renix era :sad:

2 hours ago, crumbscomanche said:

@Egm89 it's a pretty generic kit. They send you several sizes of uncut hoses and you cut to fit. 

Ill have to take a closer look then, silicone its way better than the rubber i have