Comanche Sunroof Feasibility

I had one put in years ago, a CRL 15' x 30" pop-up. No leaks ever, even through the car wash. Depends if the installer knows what he's doing, as in anything else.

:agree: Do what you want to your own rig, but if you are not skilled in the install (I'm not) get it done by a pro. The ones that leak were mostly installed by dummies trying to save a buck. MJ sunroofs were never a factory option, they were a dealer installed option. I had one put in a few years back by the same guy that did the installs for most of the the Southeastern US Jeep dealers since he was close by. No leaks, no problems, and I enjoy it in the summer.

And to protect your bald head, if you have one, these are available.

20 years now with no leaks.  :D  It's not rocket science (draw out template, cut out hole, install sunroof) but somehow sunroofs seem to leak more than they should. :hmm:  probably a mix of poor installation and maybe cheap parts. 

I had one put in years ago, a CRL 15' x 30" pop-up. No leaks ever, even through the car wash. Depends if the installer knows what he's doing, as in anything else.

:agree: Do what you want to your own rig, but if you are not skilled in the install (I'm not) get it done by a pro. The ones that leak were mostly installed by dummies trying to save a buck. MJ sunroofs were never a factory option, they were a dealer installed option. I had one put in a few years back by the same guy that did the installs for most of the the Southeastern US Jeep dealers since he was close by. No leaks, no problems, and I enjoy it in the summer.

And to protect your bald head, if you have one, these are available.

Who had you gone to to get it installed? And where did you find the sunroof you wanted?

20 years now with no leaks. :D It's not rocket science (draw out template, cut out hole, install sunroof) but somehow sunroofs seem to leak more than they should. :hmm: probably a mix of poor installation and maybe cheap parts.

still have the jeep?

20 years now with no leaks. :D It's not rocket science (draw out template, cut out hole, install sunroof) but somehow sunroofs seem to leak more than they should. :hmm: probably a mix of poor installation and maybe cheap parts.

still have the jeep?
I would hope he still has that Jeep... isn't that the Manche that started this whole forum/club? :D