Best complete lift kit

So it seems sourcing parts is the answer.  My challenge is; I don't know what I need and can do without. 

Got a little discouraged when I read a comment left regarding a OME "kit" on Quadratec ... Paraphrased; "Quality of components is excellent but be advised this is not a complete kit. If you're looking at this for a complete suspension upgrade be prepared to spend another $500 or more for the other parts."   Their OME XJ kit is $850+ https://www.quadratec.com/products/76090_800.htm

Pete, I know you wrote "what I would do" before your list of components ... is that the whole list? Bare in mind I do have a budget.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can save a lot if you can find good condition used WJ arms in the junkyard.  :thumbsup:  but new ones aren't crazy expensive so it's all about your time vs your money.  

the 3" kit straddles the line, where the 2" kit affects the suspension geometry very little and the 4" affects it a lot.  some kits skip the arms and track bar completely.  to do this you need to adjust the lower arm shims as we've suggested with the WJ arms (same length as stock, just curved and infinitely better built).  without a track bar your axle will shift over to the drivers side a bit.  most all kits seem to skip the brake lines  :dunno:  which is a bit scary to me.  it is true that you can jack it up 3" higher with coils and AALs and call it a day. :thumbsup: it'll be 3" higher for sure and probably work ok in the dirt, but you won't be happy with it for long if you drive it every day.   :(   If your budget really is tight, maybe scale back the project to be a 2" budget boost (spacers, WJ arms, longer shackle out back).  

don't forget an alignment after it's all said and done. :thumbsup: 

Thanks Pete ... Again, I plan to lift both buggies.  The XJ will be my daily driver, so I want it _right_ for the long term. 

My MJ will get the same treatment and then I'm going to sell my Grand to refill the coffer. 

Ultimately I just want BIG FAT tires under both vehicles, but I don't want to "cheap out" and pay later.  :thanks: