fuel filler hose

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I replaced the gas tank in my 88 Comanche longbed. The fuel filler and vent rubber hoses were deteriorating. I searched online, couldn't find replacements, so I wrapped them in about three layers of electrical tape and reinstalled. Everything seemed good.

Until today. I filled the gas tank, noticed a smell of gas, and a few drops of gas on the ground. It's coming from the outboard side of the tank, about where the rubber filler hose would be. I haven't had a chance to crawl underneath and look, but I'm imagining that the filler hose is leaking.

I have once more searched online, and can't find anything.

What have people done in the situation? Is universal fuel filler hose available and adaptable? If I recall correctly, I think the filler was 1 1/2 inches inside diameter, about 11 inches long, and the vent was 5/8 inch inside diameter, about 14 inches long?

All comments appreciated!

Thanks.

Gene

So this

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=99511&jsn=16

may be the best option. 

I still had the old gas tank (some advantages to being a pack rat) and the hose is 1 1/2 inch inside diameter. This one appears to be corrugated so it probably would be able to better withstand the bending necessary.

I'm pretty sure the length was just under 1 foot. It looks like if you order this from Rock, you have to get a 3 foot length. I haven't checked to see if it's available locally.

Gene

I used crown auto p/n: 52000623. The IDs were the same, bends are close and I trimmed it to size

That's the hose set for an XJ. Pretty much the same, eh?

Close enough for new hoses with bends with cutting like 2" off the one end. I didn't have the hose clamp tight enough oringally and my first fill up was messy... luckily it was in the drive way with a can.

I used crown auto p/n: 52000623. The IDs were the same, bends are close and I trimmed it to size

That's the hose set for an XJ. Pretty much the same, eh?

Close enough for new hoses with bends with cutting like 2" off the one end. I didn't have the hose clamp tight enough oringally and my first fill up was messy... luckily it was in the drive way with a can.

Thanks - good info. 

Just ordered from Morris 4X4.

$24.98 including shipping. ($19.99 plus 4.99 shipping)

So no leaking now....After using probably 1 gallon of gas the dripping stopped....I may be lazy for a while and just not fill the fuel tank completely....

Gene