Gas Filler Hose, Part 2

Yes. In the internet search of the part number, the hose appeared at other online retailers as well, but some of them looked kind of  random so I ordered it from Summit (even though it cost a bit more).

The lengths (for straight hose) shown on the Goodyear site are bulk...I believe Summit sells from a spool at pre-cut lengths for straight runs.Hose with a pre-formed bend are sold at the length shown on the Goodyear site

I never got a decent answer from any parts guys, but the listed MJ filler hose set was unavailable and listed as "not legal for sale in California".  I used bulk Marine fuel hoses, made my own.  It didn't exactly fit, but it works.  The cops never showed up at my house. 

Thanks, Akula69 & ParadiseMJ.

Don, they appear to be OK but the filler hose had a little twist or kink in it as it was installed. I'm fairly sure the problem is the tank vents (waiting for USPS to deliver them), but I thought I might replace the filler and vent hoses while I had the tank out. It will also give me an opportunity to check the sender unit. I'll replace the short rubber sections on the supply and return lines as well as the hoses for the vents. Then I'll double check the vacuum line to the vapor canister. Have a few more little projects on it (replace the cruise control servo, make bows for the bed cover, etc.). It's a Comanche. There will always be something to occupy my time and take my money! But, I'm really glad I have it.

Dropped the tank tonight and sure enough, the tank vents were so loose you could spin them around with a finger tip. They came out of the tank with a light pull. Fuel stains all over the top of the tank from gas sloshing out when the tank was full or near full and continuos fume release until the tank was near empty.

Looks like whoever replaced the tank re-used the old vents and hoses. One of them appears to be blocked (nit sure if it's the hose or the vent. Tank itself looks hear new.

I'll replace the fuel hoses from the pump to the steel lines, the short section on the fuel filter and the vacuum hoses for the vents w henI re-install the tank. Filler and vent hoses inspect alright so I'll re-use them (no longer available.

I was pretty sure this was the problem and it's good to get one right for a change!

id like to know where you happen to find the tank vents (there are two plastic vents on top of the tank) and also the grommets for thost vents? . . are there any other options as fars as replacing those pieces since I'm sure they don't make them anymore?

Team Cherokee - search for XJ tank vents. That's where I got mine. Put them in today but haven't filled the tank yet to see if that cured the problem. Stains on the top of tank showed me they were leaking. Filler and vent hoses and the supply and return hoses were okay but I replaced the supply hose and the hoses for the vents. One of them was pinched shut, I guess from when the PO had the tank replaced. Looked like they re-used the vents and grommets.

hey thanks . good luck getting everything sealed up and back together

Team Cherokee - search for XJ tank vents. That's where I got mine. Put them in today but haven't filled the tank yet to see if that cured the problem. Stains on the top of tank showed me they were leaking. Filler and vent hoses and the supply and return hoses were okay but I replaced the supply hose and the hoses for the vents. One of them was pinched shut, I guess from when the PO had the tank replaced. Looked like they re-used the vents and grommets.