mj trying to die

The mj is down on the coast right now so I can't do any troubleshooting but I figured I would make a post explainging whats going on to see if anybody has encounered this problem before...

About a month ago I had the mj on the beach for the weekend and beat up on her a little to much. Any way she isnt running right now. While idieing it will idle fine for a couple of minute and the start to lower the idle almost to the point to it stumbling and dying but then it will recover itself real quick and idle back up. IT repeatedly does this about every couple minutes. It also starts to bog down and do this wile driving too sometimes and sometimes it will run fine... Any Ideas?

Its a 88 4.0 auto 4x4

Things to look at:

Is your defrost mode on?  Or A/C ?  Is the compressor cycling?

Clean or replace IAC?  TPS adjusted properly?

Sensor grounds updated?

Does it bottom out on "power" when driving, like a clogged cat might?

None of the climate control is on. The truck is a NON AC model. IAC got cleaned up last time I pulled the intake off about 7-8000 miles ago. TPS is new and adjusted per cruisers instructions. Sensor grounds have been updated. The Cat is a new High Flow cat when I put the exhaust on about which is the same time I had the intake off. IT bogs down randomly, sometimes when I give it hard gas some times not. But when it does when I give it hard gas after a certain rpm it will usually pick up, almost like its struggling for fuel. It also runs super rich and has forever. The more I'm thinking about it I'm starting to think my self that I should test the 02 sensor...

What do you mean by "beat up on her a little too much"?

clawing over larder washed up trees, playing a little hard on the shell banks and in the dunes. Sway bar links were still connected to limit travel cause I knew I was not bumpstopped correctly after I put the long arms and 35s on. Sway bars snapped in half and I didn't know it. and my baja claws and fenders became friends very quickly... Also notices the windshield was cracked the next morning from unibody flex...

O2 sensor! A poor connection or the sensor is just about to give up. Unplug it an see if its driveable then. It will still have poor idle but you should be able to drive it but mpg would be way off... O2 sensors is about the only thing that will give problems in repeating cycles on a renix. Its the closed vs open loop cycle. If it works just fine when cold or when you floor it at high rpm thats even more hints its the O2 sensor.

O2 sensor! A poor connection or the sensor is just about to give up. Unplug it an see if its driveable then. It will still have poor idle but you should be able to drive it but mpg would be way off... O2 sensors is about the only thing that will give problems in repeating cycles on a renix. Its the closed vs open loop cycle. If it works just fine when cold or when you floor it at high rpm thats even more hints its the O2 sensor.

O2 sensor? You're sure about that?