comanche lost in sweden

Hello eweryone, my name is Jimmy and I'm located in sweden on the west coast. Yesterday i finally bought my comanche.she needs a ton of work but i have almost ewerything at home. To bad i don't understand how to post pics here. I will try to figure out beacause it sucks whit out pics.

Welcome to the madness!

I would personally avoid photobucket. My experience is more problems than solutions. Any third-party image host will work, so long as you can get a url for the image file. I use imgur.com for most of mine, and occasionally Facebook — although you need to have virtually no privacy on stuff, and also Facebook inexplicably and randomly changes their image urls, so it can be a PITA for anything you want to be semi-permanent.

Hope to see pictures of it soon! I enjoy seeing foreign-market Jeeps, just because there are slight differences in the vehicle itself and also the modification cultures.

I have a -95 cherokee in parts all electric wiring engine and whole drive train. Its a manuell gear box ax-15 should i put that in instead of what i have now.is the ax-15 better than the auto gearbox. The comanche had electrical fire some years ago and its all $#!& now whit home made wires, thinking of puting all of the cherokee in the comanche. Its was a sport so no power windows seats etc and thats good i think. Moore pics of the comanche tomorrow, night time in viking land now

I'm about to start putting all my donor xj wiring into my comanche. When i bought it none of the lights or wipers or blower motor worked. Think i found most of the issues at the fuse block itself. I'm also going from a ba10/5 to aw4 auto. Its a pain to pull entire harness but not all that bad. Ax15 is a good trans and swapping pedals and all that won't be bad. Just make sure u use correct pilot bearing for your set up. Have fun!!

Psifanboy, yeah same here.old electrical fire motor turns but nothing works

hornbrod, thank u.my wife helped me whit the pics, she going to give me a computer course. My comanche will be totally rebuild. First is dismantling then rust fix. Thinking of painting it grey, volvo has a really nice grey colour on there newer modells

It will probably be easy for you to just swap all of the 95 XJ stuff in, including the manual transmission.  The AW4 automatic is a very good transmission though, so if you wish to keep it you certainly can.  However, there will be wiring differences that you will need to address, and I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to find an automatic wiring harness that would be compatible in your part of the world.

Parts for these cars are a pain to find here in good condition and in working order. So i will do a full swap whit the xj parts. I like manuel moore then auto so it will be my perfekt baby when she is finished

• 6 years later...