New from Nebraska

Reddout

Man that looks clean...it does show the ac compressor

Looking for rust is best for your part unless your over 2 hours of driving time....I wouldn't even ask unless I'm there looking at the truck...usual visual under the floor boards, bed fender flares, double check the engine bay firewall where the master cylinder is and along the fuse box inside the interior...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one would require a flight out to California which I don't mind if it is worth the trip. How do you guys feel about the price?

Is there anyone you trust out there, or somebody off here, that could look at it first?

The problem with investing that much time/money into a potential purchase is that you will be hard pressed to walk away, even if it isn't the right truck.

I don't know what to say about price other than my point on the Peugeot tranny.  Beyond that it comes down to "Is it worth it to you?"  That I can't answer.  It's expensive, but if it's perfect and you want perfect, you may never find another one that's better...

I contacted him.  He's the 3rd owner, no accidents.  Rust free.  AC needs a recharge.  Can't be certain if it is the Peugeot tranny or not.  I get the feeling he's not the "enthusiast" we are, but just liked the truck.

I have a brother-in-law out in that area.  I could ask here if there is anyone in the area that would be willing to take a look at it for me.  But first I have to decide how much I want to offer.  It does look to be a good candidate for me though.

If I decide to go any further I will talk to him directly with my best offer first.  I'll have to figure in transport back out here too.  I would not want to drive it 1,600 miles without knowing much about the truck 

Thanks for the advice

Off Topic

We lost a great kid in Sam Foltz yesterday. Great kid, was a walk-on from a small town in Nebraska and lived his dream to be the starting punter for the Nebraska Corhuskers.  He, and former punter Mike Sadler from Michihgan State, both died in a tragic car accident.  RIP, brother

#RIP27