Looking for a low range option

I know a guy that has a dual Toyota set up in his MJ,he uses CC but i don't think the build is on here.

He has a Toyota case hooked to an inchworm lefty case with 4.7s,iirc there wasn't much involved in making them fit his AX15.

• 3 years later...

Bringing this back up as I have a question. I'm familiar with the underdrives but was starting to look at the doublers too, specifically a  231/D300. This thread was 4 years ago so just wondering if most of this is still the same? I'm more thank likely going to be grabbing a project MJ that I will hack up into a true tail rig. Already has waggy 44's 4.30's, ax15 and a 242. 

So the questions would it be better to swap in a underdrive and get a SYE for the 242, do a  doubler, or.....?

33s now but will move up to 35s. The 4.30s should be fine for the 33s but for 35s feel I'll need some more umph especially at elevation. I ran 33s on my XJ on 410s and always wished I had deeper gears. Thats was with the aw4 and Inknow the ax15 allows a little higher gear. Don't want to regear either so enter the underdrive/doubler.

100% Trail rig truggy I'll drive around but not far. Trails are with within driving distance too. Planning on stretching the WB so not worried about the extra length. Going to dove nose it, bed is already gone so will fab something. Boat siding it too. Will take a bit as I got home stuff to do but will be a nice project.