WTB spring reinforcement plates for 8.25/d44 Ohio

Strokermjcomanche

88 Mj Swb with metric ton springs .

As the title states I'm looking for the leaf spring retainer plates where the ubolts run through . Or I would also take the newer 91-92 plates that are designed differently .

I'm switching from a d35 to a C8.25 , I know I can probably enlarge the holes to make it work but want to just replace the plates . Let me know what you have and thanks in advance !!

Here is a thread showing what I'm looking for ...

http://comancheclub.com/topic/45659-rear-axle-shock-mounting-plate-question/?fromsearch=1

Thanks for the link Don . What I'm wondering is ( since I can't find the other plate ) are the plates a mirror of each-other? The seller on eBay has two of the same side and I was seeing if I could adapt one to fit the other side .

Or it would be nice if someone had a pair to sell ...

Yes, mirror images because of the shock stud. I found plenty of the 52004845 plates, but no 52004844's. Weird.

Part numbers:

52001832 & 52001833 (1987-89) (Needs the reinforcement plates too)
52004844 & 52004845 (1990-92)

OR you could always go aftermarket with something like these:

leaf-spring-shock-mounting-plates-11.gif

Do you have a spot to drill a hole and mount this? http://amzn.to/1nGTz59

I don't have the actual plates that I will be using with the 8.25 , so I can't confirm that there is a place to mount the shock bolt . That was my intent in asking if I could use two of the same side plates .

Your plates in the video are the same as what I have and I don't like the fact of elongating the holes on the plates and having very little material left . The d35 tubes are considerably smaller than the C8.25 .

Yes, mirror images because of the shock stud. I found plenty of the 52004845 plates, but no 52004844's. Weird.

Part numbers:

52001832 & 52001833 (1987-89) (Needs the reinforcement plates too)

52004844 & 52004845 (1990-92)

OR you could always go aftermarket with something like these:

leaf-spring-shock-mounting-plates-11.gif

Has anyone used plates like these^^ ? What kind of modifying ( if any ) needs to be done ? I'm staying SUA and these are holding me up from finishing bolting the axle in place and being able to move the truck . Thanks in advance .

• 4 weeks later...

So I bought this^^ plate ( along with another sellers plate of this same side to adapt for the left side ) and the package arrived in the mail a couple days ago . I went to bring it inside and noticed the box was rather light , that's because he sent an empty box !!!!!!!!

It was all sealed and the label said the shipping weight was 0 LBS 5 OZ . I contacted him and he said that he's not in the business of shipping empty boxes and obviously he shipped it to me and acted like I was ripping him off .

Anyone have access to either side of these plates? Everywhere I've checked has said it's discontinued . Thanks again .

How did you pay? Open a dispute with eBay, and with PayPal if that's what you used. Otherwise contact your credit card company to reverse charges if you paid that way.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks Rockfrog , I used paypal so I'm guaranteed .I will get my money back ,that I promise . I'm just trying to get this truck drivable by Thursday for Bantams jeep Festival . If all else fails I might try to adapt the d35 plate to work until I can find the correct one .

Check these out Adam. The price is right, it's for 2-1/2" W springs, and the shock bolt you supply is 1/2". Plus they are beefy at 1/4" thick metal. If they fit your u-bolt pattern (they should given the dimensions), I don't see any reason why they won't work with MJ springs.

91720249_L.jpg

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Leaf-Spring-Lower-Shock-Mounting-Plate,3528.html