GIR IS BACK!! now everyone quit bothering me... joking

GirsMJ86

Well I have been gone for quite some time. My laptop I got to replace the one that got hit by lightning has had problems since I got it. Brand new HP Pavilion dv9030us. Made for gaming and the likes. But has had stupid issues since I got it. So I got sick of em and took it in to see if it could be fixed or, yet again, replaced. They couldn't find anything wrong, typical PC Repair place. I will never go to one again. Since it was so new of a PC HP and Microsoft was running a deal to upgrade to Vista for free, whichever copy was the best copy that this PC could handle. It can handle em all but since it was a home PC only I got Vista Home Premium for free, along with the driver cd from HP. At first I didn't want Vista because of all the bad rep, but I tell you what, it fixed all the issues this thing had from day one with XP still on it. I have had no problems with Vista, and mostly all I do is game. It runs Doom 3 on Ultra Rez with no problems, along with tons of other games. Only game I am having any issues with is WoW. I guess alot of people are having it though, something to do with the nVIDIA driver and Vista. My sound pops and crackles while playing WoW. So I am waiting on nVIDIA to fix their Vista driver.

As for the MJ, it has been sitting in the drive since April 13th, my B-Day. I did not have the money for $65 tags, nor the 70-some for insurance. Only income I have right now is bailing hay, another reason I have not been on much. I am having no luck getting a real job around this crappy state in this crappy economy. But once I get one it is getting a TON of stuff done to it.

As some of you may know, Pat (JeepcoMJ), is trading me a near mint bed, drivers side cab corner and rocker panel, along with a bunch of other interior parts for all the MJ/XJ parts I got from Rob when I bought the 91. Most the parts I did not need and have not been able to sell. So if anyone wants any, talk to Pat. There is an up-to-date list on my "Parts for sale or trade in Ohio" post. The very last list on the last page is complete.

Also, when I finally got time to start it up awhile ago, my Yellow Top battery was as dead as could be. Wouldn't even tick. So I charged it, and it held. I did an oil change to it then, just really black, no metal shavings or anything. Which with it being a brand new just over 55k mile Jasper engine I would hope not. I switched to pure Synthetic Valvoline Max and a HD Fram oil filter. I also added 1qt Marvel Mystery Oil. I was hoping that with that combo it would help with the burning of oil it was doing so badly, it didn't. So this MJ will either get fixed up then sold, burn oil for a long time till I get money to turn it into a stroker, or sold as is. I will hate to see it go if it comes down to that, since it is a 91 4x4 Eliminator. But if my luck doesn't change soon job-wise, it's starting to look that way.

Anyone wants to know anything else or rant and rave, have fun. I'm here till this club closes, with or without an MJ. I will always have my lifted farm K-10. And of course some other jeep at some point in time, MJ, J-truck, 4dr Rubi. Who knows. Later all.

Alex

20 Canadian dollars an hour equals, what, like 500 Monopoly dollars an hour?

quote]

lol american dollar is just about on par witht he canadian at the moment jamminz.gif :Canadaflag:

the only problemw ith alberta is it is expensve as all hell to live there

20 Canadian dollars an hour equals, what, like 500 Monopoly dollars an hour?

Didn't you graduate this year, Alex?

I think I'll buy Boardwalk with that first hours worth of pay and then gain money each time one of you land on it. lol.

And I graduated last year actually. Turned 20 on Friday, April 13th this year. jamminz.gif

The farm was able to hold me over for awhile, but this year has been very bad for hay. Our farm doesn't get rain, yet just over the fence row it will rain. Got me on that one? :roll: So I have been driving the K-10 farm truck since it gets free gas off the farm. I am waiting on a new SSN card so I can get in at Whirlpool, I hope. But Bucyrus, Ohio is about the deadest town around. The only places we have to work are fast food places, which none are hiring. So my mom lives in Marion which is where Whirlpool is, so wish me luck.

And as soon as I get off this stupid dial-up at my moms, and can download MSN, I will send ya an I'm Pat.

Alex