rollbars ^_^

c0mt3k

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a TJ roll on a "Poser Rock" Wasn't preety especially considering no on e in the rig was wearing a seatbelt and nothing was strapped down inside.

AS for who needs a roll cage or a roll bar.... Everyone who goes off road needs at the very least a roll bar that is properly mounted. Un fortunately most if not all of us think that our "MJ" has a full roof so we will be all right in a roll.

All of this, plus one of the Places I wheel, require you to run a "fully intergrated cage" to run certian obstacles. This is why we built what we did on my truggy. I know it is extreme, but it does look cool.

Patrick

thats a good idea for the mounts, pete. i think ill use that idea. as for the dom tubing, what thickness and dia would you recomend? and where could i get a very inexpensive tubing bender? i want to do several projects that require bent tubes (id like to try a less complex vertion of patricks rig), but i can't find a bened for less than $3000. I'm looking for cheapest i can get that will bend dom tubing.

harborfreight.com will have one of the super-cheap benders, but I'd never use that on a rollbar. It might work on your other projects though. I used 2" x .120" wall tubing, but many guys seem to use the 1.75" or 1.5" stuff. I'll probably use 1.5" for the rest of my cage when I get around to it. For the small amount of bending I needed, it was worthwhile to seek out someone who already owned a bender.

Jeep on!

--Pete

harborfreight.com will have one of the super-cheap benders, but I'd never use that on a rollbar. It might work on your other projects though. I used 2" x .120" wall tubing, but many guys seem to use the 1.75" or 1.5" stuff. I'll probably use 1.5" for the rest of my cage when I get around to it. For the small amount of bending I needed, it was worthwhile to seek out someone who already owned a bender.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Harbor Freight doesn't sell tubing benders, they sell pipe benders. One is specified by inside diameter, the other is specified by outside diameter. The Harbor Freight benders don't work on tube because the mandrels aren't the right size.