$125 MJ - Project 99 Cheromanche

Would you happen to have any pictures or any comments about the dash brackets that need to be switched over from the XJ?

Also, for the Seat brackets have you considered cutting the front bracket off and then welding it to the floor? Thats what I was planning at least.

The dash was much easier than I though it would be. There were 2 mounting brackets that need to be removed from the XJ. One that will hold the steering column and the other one was over the tranny hump if I remember correctly. Just drill out he welds and mount them in the same spot on the MJ. After you do that, there are a few holes than need to be drilled out for the HVAC ducting, cables and steering column.

For the seat mouts, I have cut out the upside-down channel brackes from the cherokee and plan on welding them to the floor just like in the XJ. I have the semi-mocked up that way now and the look like it will work.

Ben

If you want another way to trick out your truck you could install an overhead console for the gas mileage, compass, outside temp etc functions:

http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php? ... ad+console

Thats a writeup on how to cobble one together from junkyard parts, or you could get an actual cherokee console and install it.

freedom22.jpg

freedom26.jpg

freedom28.jpg

And so on.........

• 1 year later...

The MJ's wheels are turning under it's own power again. I've got the mj fuel tank in it's stock location thanks to a few guys here on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14996

Now that it's been running, I was able to charge up the a/c and freeze out that little cab. :D

I've got a few things left on the list before I can start driving it. Then comes the fun stuff. I can't make up my mind, 33's or 35's?