Flat towing

CEThomas

on the flying thing...my dad sells motors for ultralights. rotax snowmobile motors are "ideal" and highly used for them.

gonna be honest, you'd never get me in the air in anything powered by rotax. I don't consider them well-built or reliable on the ground, so i wouldn't wanna be UP with them.

i like skydiving and hangliding though...it's hella cool to do, try it!

none of that had anything to do with balance. sorry.

had a sig kobra once that I balanced at the spar at the tips.

Didn't have the blueprints and didn't know it had a tapered spar and needed to be measured at the wing root.

so it was a little tail heavy, took off and it went straight up.

how I loved the little enya motor that day.

DoH! Wrong forum?

(My Chipmunk with a K&B 6.5 did the same thing.)

Kind of like like on day I was helping someone on his second plane and just as I pulled up I asked him how it balanced and he gave me that look :eek: The first plane was set up by someone else and they never told him about CG :headpop: I could not set for a long time :D

At lest in the real thing I have better luck then some of the RC problems:rock on:

Would like to get a ultralight sometime, but the 172 will always be my first love jamminz.gif

If anyone is looking into an ultralight helicopter powered by a turbine, let me know. my dad's friend builds them and inspects them for first flights...he bought a kit from a guy who was using snowmobile motors and retrofitted a turbine from a military helicopter's generator into it...the designer was so impressed that he bought all of the tools to make the turbines and they are now the main engine for it....i forget what the name is but they're wicked lil machines and damned reliable. even have mechanical governors (yay, no more deaths due to ELECTRONIC failure!

Dirty what are u talkn about those are the kinda things memories are

made outa ,fast/home built/goofy powewer plants and nothn but the clear

blue sky and goodol teraferma, sounds like a hoot to me jeepco I'm in. jamminz.gif

Dirty what are u talkn about those are the kinda things memories are

made outa ,fast/home built/goofy powewer plants and nothn but the clear

blue sky and goodol teraferma, sounds like a hoot to me jeepco I'm in. jamminz.gif

lol, these are now "production" models and are all government approved.