Boogered up wheel stud threads?

Which threads did you hurt? Ones that matter? As in they are near the base of the stud.

If they're ones that matter, get a new stud. If they aren't I'd just file the threads so it works.

Reasonably somebody will make a die, but it's often not worth finding/buying one.

Craftsman makes a re-threading kit that anyone who owns an MJ should invest in. It is about $50 and it has SAE and Metric taps and dies just for re-threading. It can't be used to cut new threads but it is absolutely awesome for fixing old ones like on our trucks. check them.

if your getting one from a junkyard before you beat it out you need to put on a nut to help keep the threads from getting damaged, otherwise you'll be in the same place with that one. :headpop:

Well I got a brand new wheel stud today, but I can't get it to go in. I broke my c-clamp in the process. I also tried using a lug nut but it just spins, I can't get it to even start pressing in. What do I need to do?

use an impact gun and it should do the trick/ just put some washers over the stud , flip the nut over and it should just suck the stud on

And it wouldn't hurt to throw the stud into the freezer for a couple of hours, and perhaps heat up the backing plate a bit. The interference fit clearance is not huge, so even small temperature differences can do the trick.

An old trick from years of working on Brit Iron.