Need Comanche tips! battery tray, air intake, track bar...

Just joined the forum and am a proud owner of a 1986 with only 110k miles!  This is the 2.8L carbureted (I know I hear it's one of the worse engines.) It runs strong but needs some tlc in certain areas.  Just want to say that I am brand new to jeeps, and trucks period. More of a car guy.  Anyways just looking for some good info, like what vendors are the best for this vehicle.  So far I've seen stuff like factorychryslerparts.com and jcwhitney.com. Are these good or no? 

Specifically I am looking for a battery tray with supporting hardware because the battery is literally only held down with wires right now.  Found one on factorychryslerparts for about 60$, should I pull the trigger on this. Also, the intake tube from the radiator cowl to the air filter housing was completely deteriorated.  The only thing that was left was the coiled spring thing which I regrettfully threw away.  I know I could jigger-rig up something with some sort of dryer hose but I'm looking for something better. Also looking for a good track bar and track bar mount, and engine mounts.  It has about a 2in lift on it btw.  Not looking to dump a lot of money right now, and not looking to do some serious off roading. Just the monthly camping trip/ hauling my dirt bike/ or just goin up to the mountains every once in awhile. 

Thanks for any advice in advance guys.

Take a trip to your local junk yard.  Everything in the engine bay can be found in a similarly equipped Cherokee as they are identical up front. You'll find a battery tray from a Cherokee for $5.00 tops,  You'll also find an intake tube for $10 or so.

I replaced my battery tray with the heavy duty all steel fabricated from DirtBound off-road:

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/jeep-cherokee-xj/accessories/optima-34-78-bolt-in-battery-tray-jeep-cherokee-xj.html

12195931_893089757470988_834657034462303

This is for the optima battery which I will only use.  They also make a universal steel tray too in .120 thick steel.

I see a ton on ebay, but I just want to make sure it is compatible.  What do you think of this. It honestly looks good, just leery of spending more then a few bucks on ebay car parts haha (plus I would have to get the supporting hardware):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stock-Replacement-Battery-Tray-fits-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-1987-1994-/252110657480?fits=Model%3AComanche&hash=item3ab2f757c8:g:pkEAAOxyBC1R9-8t&vxp=mtr

Both my brother and I had many batteries in our Jeep CJs.  We found the optima lasted much longer due to the heat, shock and vibration in lifted and stiff shocks on the Jeeps.  For the Comanche the standard battery with universal tray is ok.  Not sure if the DirtBound universal tray has all the bolts.  I think I went to the home Depot for the three bolts and nuts for attaching it because the existing bolts are too rusted. 

I've had a WalMart battery in my MJ for 5 years.  I have 4 different aux. circuits on relays. All bright lights and converter  No sweat.  Optima's are overpriced IMHO.  But if you want cool, they're cooler than a WalMart battery.  A $60 battery tray is overkill (and over $$) for a "once in a while camping vehicle".

If you're on a budget, go budget...if not, go balls out.

Just sayin'

I had a parts-store branded battery in my MJ still from the PO. I just replaced it a month ago because one of the terminals was coming out of it. Manufacturing date on it was 2006, and it still tested good, despite having sat outside last year in my truck all winter, completely dead. Pretty sure the only reason the terminal was coming out is because the PO's solution to a loose clamp, instead of tightening the bolt, was to smash the terminal with the tire iron until it started working. Bit of a piss-off, really, replacing a still-good, kinda pricier part, just because the last guy was an idiot.