Would these work?

Pretty sure they are the same as the rear maybe minor adjustments would have to be made. Not near my truck right now but the bottom is the same I know that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comanche+rear+shocks&client=ms-android-verizon&biw=360&bih=248&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI7IL61NzOyAIVRtBjCh0eEgrr#imgrc=VKvRoc7ZLL1mbM%3A

You need Monroe shock # 58497 If you have a Lwb truck the drivers side shock will hit the gas tank lip at the seam and will require some modification .If you have a swb truck you're good to go . Not to mention these are cheaper than the ones you linked .

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Monroe-58497-Rear-Sensa-Trac-Load-Adjusting-/321800254897?nav=SEARCH

You need Monroe shock # 58497 If you have a Lwb truck the drivers side shock will hit the gas tank lip at the seam and will require some modification .If you have a swb truck you're good to go . Not to mention these are cheaper than the ones you linked .

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Monroe-58497-Rear-Sensa-Trac-Load-Adjusting-/321800254897?nav=SEARCH

Thanks for the info

Looks like someone already has them on a comanche on here.

They may have a similar shock but they do not have stock length XJ shocks on the rear of a MJ. The rear shocks are 3" longer on a MJ than a XJ. That means sitting still the XJ shock would be at its full extension.

Something tells me they would to short for the rear of an MJ.

^^^ This.

To fit them to a Comanche, you would have to knock out the bar pins in the top bushings. But --

Several years ago I tried that with a pair of conventional shocks out of an XJ. I tried to put them into the rear of a stock-height MJ. Fully extended, the shocks were about an inch too short.

Here's a chart of some Monroe shocks that will work in MJs. Never mind the cross-references -- look at the lengths for the OEM MJ shocks.

The Load-Levelers for the Cherokee are Monroe number 58594. The specs are

Compressed = 12.75

Extended = 20

Travel = 7.25

Based on the Monroe specs, it looks like those shock would go in, but they'll be nearly at full extension when the truck is unloaded.

Remember that Monroe does not sell the Load-Levelers for the MJ. The reason is that the overload springs keep the height up under load, which means the height sensing valve for the rear brakes gets fooled. You load up the bed, but the valve doesn't see much change in height so it doesn't adjust to give you more rear brakes.

I have a similar pair on my MJ.  They're great.  I bought my PAIR for $75-80 brand new, not $150  So price wise, I'd do some homework with the above chart and Google.

They don't provide a lot of lift...maybe 5/8" when all is said and done, but they do ride nice and the rear end doesn't sag even with a load of firewood in the back.

They're not intended to provide any lift -- but they're for an XJ, which has a lot of glass over the rear axle, so the weight distribution is different.

The only real downside to using them is the loss of rear braking power when loaded.