Rusty's XJ flare experiences?

I'm considering getting them, however, I am uncertain of their durability, say if I were to hit a tree, somewhat hard, but not enough to dent a fender, would a rusty's flare crack, or will they flex enough in most cases that cracking usually is not a worry?

Or should I save up and get bushwackers for the 2dr cherokee to mount on the comanche? (they should fit, right?)

I cannot comment on the Rustys......but I had a set of the bushwackers on my TJ some time back. FIRST TRIP into the trail, I pulled three bolts thru the fronts, cracked the pass side front. Badly gouged/scrapped the rears.

Although I feel they are hands down the best looking ones out there, they are not for a trail rig.

I sold mine on the TJ and installed some ruby flairs. they do not cover as much, but fold up and pop right back into shape!!!

CW

I cannot comment on the Rustys......but I had a set of the bushwackers on my TJ some time back. FIRST TRIP into the trail, I pulled three bolts thru the fronts, cracked the pass side front. Badly gouged/scrapped the rears.

Although I feel they are hands down the best looking ones out there, they are not for a trail rig.

I sold mine on the TJ and installed some ruby flairs. they do not cover as much, but fold up and pop right back into shape!!!

CW

Yea, we have rubi flares on our YJ, and they work weel, and function great, however, I'm not using wrangler style flares on the MJ, I want it to look pretty good, and I'm not a fan of the wrangler flares on anything but a wrangler.

Are there any other options for flares?

I have yet to find anything besides bushwacker and rustys, and some company that makes some stupid fiberglass ones.

Ok, so what else is at my availibility, or is it custom fabbing time to make some bombproof flares?

That's about your only other option at this point. I was going through the same thing so I'm going with a custom set of tube flares

Ok, so what else is at my availibility, or is it custom fabbing time to make some bombproof flares?

Do you just want it legal? Or pretty?

Lawn edge trimming and pop rivets... Ya just rivet the trimming to a factory flare. It's hack. But it 'works' in that it might get ripped off but it costs little and takes little time.

Another favorite is grabage cans that have been split and riveted on... Same with door mats.

Oh, and big rig suppliers actually sell fender flare by the foot - which can be attached to the factory flares. It's similar to the lawn trimming but not 'quite' as hack. It's a little more flexible though.

Another favorite is grabage cans that have been split and riveted on...

I ran a section of 55 gallon drum over my tires on one of my trucks. Kept the feds off my back till I ripped em off on shtuff.