Downpipe Hanger?

Replacing manifold + dowpipe (and transmission + motor mounts)

I have an exhaust hanger welded on to the downpipe which bolts to one of the belhousing cover bolts.

I this stock? (looks like an afterthought weld job)

Is it necessary? Anybody else have any hangers along the downpipe?

Pictures:

7AmjrSN.jpg

Japozel.jpg

9lhnB7V.jpg

Never seen one that looks specifically like that. But my renix XJ had one that was a band-style wraparound and attachment to the bellhousing. Can't say for sure exactly what it was, but not really necessary. 

Yes, thanks Stroker, it's exactly like post above, must be stock, items #14, #15, and #23 screw was there as well clamping it down. 18mm bellhousing bolt, and fit right up against the flywheel cover. So I guess it must be stock. 

I have the BA 10/5 and the transmission mount that has the "built-in" exhaust hanger rubber isolator thing (that supports the downpipe and cat connection) But I'm not sure how Ax15's/AW4's mount up and provide the hanger after the manifold, so maybe having that extra hanger to the bell housing before the transmission crossmember is necessary??

My '90 with the AX15 does not have it and I've had it since new, my '89 with the AW4 has it and my '88 with the BA10/5 does not have it, but I don't know if it was removed.

So no problems with rattling or knocking?