coolant temp sensor

So I plan on changing my coolant temp sensor in hope of fixing my stalling issues while shifting only at running temp shifts fine till it warms up. Just wondering If anyone knows the size wrench I need to get the CTS out of its hiding spot , any helpful hints in doing this pita job welcomed.

just leave it where it is and go to the junkyard.  Find a 4.0 Cherokee with the sensor in the the thermostat neck and swap out the thermostat neck................might have to get the connector for the sensor so that you can extend your stock wiring.

So I plan on changing my coolant temp sensor in hope of fixing my stalling issues while shifting only at running temp shifts fine till it warms up. Just wondering If anyone knows the size wrench I need to get the CTS out of its hiding spot , any helpful hints in doing this pita job welcomed.

Why not TEST it first?

Why not TEST it first?

This ^^. Chances are 99.999% the temp sensor is either open (most likely) or shorted. Disconnect the connector and test for an open or short through the sensor with your ohmmeter. Also make sure you have circuit continuity from the CTS output terminal to the Renix ECU. If you don't know how to use a mulltimeter you should learn, especially with a Renix MJ.

^^ A Good Student ^^ studies and along with success...makes the grade ( also known as Renix/MJ ownership )...those that don't well we usually pick over their trucks at the pull-a-part a few months later. 

Oh... and just so you know I am on your side.

DO NOT APPLY ANY SEALANT OF ANY TYPE TO THE SENSOR.