Please tell me that I have an external sleeve cylinder?

Clutch went out, it's mechanical so hopefully it's just a seal because I found fluid on my pedal, but if it's the sleeve cylinder i just hope it's external. I don't even know what it looks like so not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks

87 will have a internal slave cylinder.

If you have fluid on your pedal your master cylinder is the problem and more than likely it is leaking onto your fuse panel and starting to melt it.

So your going to want to pull the master cylinder and clean your fuse panel with electrical contact cleaner really well.

You may want to pull the carpet and clean it and under it also because the fluid will corrode your floors quick too.

What Frank said.

Unless you or a prior owner changed the trans, you would have the BA 10/5 with an internal slave cylinder. 

You can change the master cyl without have to change the slave.  

87 will have a internal slave cylinder.

If you have fluid on your pedal your master cylinder is the problem and more than likely it is leaking onto your fuse panel and starting to melt it.

So your going to want to pull the master cylinder and clean your fuse panel with electrical contact cleaner really well.

You may want to pull the carpet and clean it and under it also because the fluid will corrode your floors quick too.

This.