OBA: where's your tank?

Where'd you mount it and how's that working out for ya?

I know someone on here little while ago was talking about mounting a 5 gal. tank just aft of the rear axle where the spare was located, that's what I'd like to do. Has anyone done this? How's it work, safe from harm? How'd you mount it? etc.

ok, i don't have one, but it would be in the front right corner of the bed opposite where the gas tank would be. the gas tank would be in the bed above where it should be and would be a 20 gal. fuel cell.

call me crazy, but i don't want anything flammable or combustive (compressed air) anywhere where rocks could hit it and sparks could fly. the 89's gas tank is gonna be relocated to the bed, and if it gets onboard air that will be next to it, a rollcage/bar will be up in the bed too.

I'd also not put the air tank in the cab...i do not wish to have a tank mysteriously blow up or decompress inside the cab next to me. again, call me crazy but...

in extreme cases extreme things happen. i plan ahead

here's mine and i like it here. Its homemade and i ran quick connects up to the rails on the bed for easy access. Really where ever you want to fit it as long as its not in the cab should be realitivly safe for you. And if its not hanging way under it would be a good idea to. But you def want to run some quick connects just for ease. ;)

Cole

I just mounted them in the bed on my last MJ.

Ended up under the cooler when I built a spare tire/parts/cooler rack, so no real space was wasted.

FWIW, for me, the best spot for the air disconnect was behind the fuel door.

I drilled a hole next to the gas fill, used a QD, screwed a hose barb from the back side, ran the hose under the bed, and had an easily accessible air point, that never got muddy.

mjeff is planning on doing this and mounting it where the spare would normally be. I have a 2gal tank from a air suspension company(low-rider) that I am planning on mounting opposite the gas tank.

I used two tanks mounted under the bed at the front passenger side. I used the two bolt holes for the exhaust hanger, and just relocated my exhaust. (actually, shortened it and have it dump out in front of the rear tire above the spring) Works perfect and its tucked up out of the way.

aat.sized.jpg

aas.sized.jpg

aaq.sized.jpg