D44 Spring perch

Quick question I am getting my dad to pick up some perches from a trailer supply place and i need to know what the axle diameter is exactly if anyone knows. I messured and got 2.7" diameter but that seems small by looking at it But maybe I'm :nuts: anyway the dealership here sucks so i can't get them there. Thanks

Cole

Sorry yeah its a rear MJ 44. I double checked and got close to the original and some other info i read said 2.75 and i got 2.70 and 2.72. I am not sure if I'm missing it still but i might be off a ittle bit. Thanks for the help

Cole

should be 2.75"

I can't imagine a trailer supply place having anything between 2.5" and 3" other then 2.75"... but you never know.

On a previous build up (my 91 YJ) I used waggy axles. Both dana 44's... one measured 2.75 and the other 3... go figure. I fabbed perches all the way around based upon the 3" measurement I took... they still worked. Figure that's only 1/8" on either side of the axle. Used the angle grinder to cut the "throat" a little more and everything was good.

i found after my messurement that the OC is around 8.5" or a bit larger. That comes out to be around 2.7 so i am going with a 2.75 perch or making my own. ????? DOES anyone know of a auto parts that would stock perches in the Southern US area????? We have Napa and Advance and Carquest but the Auto zone looked at me like i wanted a elaphant shoe or something. They had Ubolts and such but no perches. Thanks for the help. OH and dirty i can get the other messurements for you tomm when i get up.

Cole

Beyond all doubt, THE best deal in the known universe for weld-on spring perches is your local Mopar dealer. They're in the Performance catalog, part number P4120074. They are slightly longer than the factory perches and also beefier. They are designed for a 3" OD tube but they work well with a D44.

You won't believe the price. Most places want around $40 to $50 for a pair of perches that are grossly inferior to these. These sell for about $10 per pair.

Go to the auto parts store and ask for the Mr. Gasket catalog.. they have some nice perches in there for 12 bucks.... Or you can go buy some 2x3x1/4 tubing and make your own :brows: Nice practice if you just bought a plasma cutter :nuts: