subwoofers?

comanche-man22

i am with buckets and the sub directly behind the center console.

sounds good...10" sony Xplod. it's cracked cause someone tried to steal it and dropped it when it was in the v dub.

here's my bro's. i'll let the pictures do the talking.

sounds great, but expensive and time consuming, and it definitely told us what was rattling/vibrating on the body...

Here's what I used to have in my '88 back before I had to sell it to get some parts for the truck.

2 12" Kicker Comp's with a 300W Alpine V12 amp. Had it at a DB contest and it hit 135.4 DB. Not bad for only having $200 into the entire system.

Hey jeepco the box looks good but next time try to make it out of at least 5/8 MDF rather than plywood , it makes a big difference in sound quality . allso seperate the subs (put in a sealed partition inside the box) use cualk on all the joints , don't add any other speakers to the box like some 6x9 or anything and if u like u can port the box but i don't, dosnt sound as good. there is more to it but i type slow/ those are the basics

my 2 sence

il try to get some pics of mine

Hey jeepco the box looks good but next time try to make it out of at least 5/8 MDF rather than plywood , it makes a big difference in sound quality . allso seperate the subs (put in a sealed partition inside the box) use cualk on all the joints , don't add any other speakers to the box like some 6x9 or anything and if u like u can port the box but i don't, dosnt sound as good. there is more to it but i type slow/ those are the basics

my 2 sence

il try to get some pics of mine

lol, yeah it's my bro's...first one we built and i know plywood isn't the way. it's too thick as well...we're cutting it down by 3" in thickness.

the subs ARE partitioned in there, and everything is calked from the inside. there aren't any other speakers on the box...he cut those out and i said that's a bad idea, so we put new wood behind there and put the cut outs back in, sealed them up. they actually kick perty damn loud...1200 watt sony xplod amp and 1100 watt alpine subs (i think they're alpines...i forgot). great back massage but leg room is a problem. having a headliner will help sound too.