Dimples, the bone stock XJ!

This XJ is so stock that it even has the original rubber engine splash guard. Only 137,000 miles with no leaks and no mechanical issues. I have made a list of typical old age issues that need addressed such as worn out lift gate struts, ratty steering wheel, and dry rotted tires. It was a hail damage auction vehicle and the majority of the damage is on the hood. One hood swap later and the rest will be barely noticeable.

BsK2fU6.jpg

2bTiThJ.jpg

d3RQVpi.jpg

gVJYHk4.jpg

HVc1tqY.jpg

3gzCphx.jpg

FH5uOgV.jpg

fuCqMPM.jpg

CfrPpcA.jpg

qtYsiOd.jpg

DWEuLF8.jpg

J5r5XID.jpg

pCLxynx.jpg

Nice score, clean XJ`s are getting hard to find with low miles. I just picked up A 01XJ sport with 79,000 on it looks about the same old guy had it cracked head he kept driving it after overheating. I was hoping just a head would fix it not this time he even melted the pistons. I think he added some block seal or something as the oil was 2 inches think in the bottom pump was clogged had to scrape it out. Was a shame to junk suck a low mile engine but after looking inside thats where it went.

Nice score, clean XJ`s are getting hard to find with low miles. I just picked up A 01XJ sport with 79,000 on it looks about the same old guy had it cracked head he kept driving it after overheating. I was hoping just a head would fix it not this time he even melted the pistons. I think he added some block seal or something as the oil was 2 inches think in the bottom pump was clogged had to scrape it out. Was a shame to junk suck a low mile engine but after looking inside thats where it went.

This one has a broken thermostat, but I checked the oil. Dirty black goodness! The dealer wanted it gone so they did not even bother to change the oil.

What year?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about that . That padding is nothing but a sponge . Are there any windshield leaks etc that you see ?

None that I see. I went through the same problem with the MJ which I suspect is the same case here. A seam along the metal broke apart far enough to let water get trapped inside.

The left side is nearly rust free though. Only a bit of surface rust around the seat mounting points like all XJ/MJs get.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the all rain today I have identified that it is a outside related water leak and not the heater core. I am going to start vetting body shops this week for one that will replace floor pans. Meanwhile, some of the bits that have been worked on.

Worn Leather Steering Wheel

YVGk1mw.jpg

08n1gCy.jpg

Painted Wiper Arms

m5cXT9B.jpg

Replacement Steering Wheel and Cruise Control

biUgjT0.jpg

WiEnVlC.jpg

Horrible Brake Fluid

Ysng0HP.jpg

All New Brake Components

MqUSRm5.jpg

Repaired Dimples on the Knuckles

VlKFVvT.jpg

Broken Driver Seat Base Frame in Three Pieces

s3wuu7m.jpg

Thin 18 gauge Metal Stood No Chance Against the Previous Owner

1nhjjVx.jpg

Welded and Straightened

8ORiScT.jpg

Extra Welding Done For More Strength

6kzec6x.jpg

New Bilsteins also? Looks good .

Yep! I pulled the axle, sanded all the rust off, painted it, and reinstalled it with all new bushings. I am working front to back. Those are nearly new rotors on the floor there too. I could not reuse the pads or rotors because they had worn in crooked from the dimples worn into the knuckles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just figured out that the left rear quarter panel was replaced with one off some red Jeep. It is rusting where the panel connects under the plastic step guard, under the inner hatch trim areas, and a few other spots.

Otherwise though, the passenger floor looks great now. :| $598.98 plus the cost of the pans. I hate this Jeep by this point.