what its worth

89eliminator

i was at the gas station the other day, and some guy offered me $5000 for my truck. it is not for sale but was wondering what you guys would pay for it. here is a run down.

1989 Eliminator 4x4

New paint

Front: HP Dana 30 w/ 4:10, 6.5in rustys coils, rustys control arms.

Rear: Dana 44 w/ 4:10, track lock, rustys 4.5in leaves

Front winch bumper with warn 8000 winch

Rustys intake with K&N filter

Flowmaster exhaust

33x10.5x15 BFG Mud T/A on weld rims

Spare tire mount

Pioneer stereo

I wouldn't let the 3800 go for anything less than 8 grand right now...and probably about 9 once it gets the new lift and tires.

but that's me and if someone wants what's sentimental to me, they gotta pay big $$$ for it.

I wouldn't let the 3800 go for anything less than 8 grand right now...and probably about 9 once it gets the new lift and tires.

but that's me and if someone wants what's sentimental to me, they gotta pay big $$$ for it.

Very nice truck and very nice red too.!!

Yes JeepcoMJ....You are right.

The price of something does not always has to do wiht the technical characteristics of something or the cost of material used. There is another component related to feelings.

I am now in a similar situation with my comanche. My kids are growing. There is not space for the family so i need an XJ may be. But shall I sell my loved comanche????

It is not my DD but I am receiving "some kind of pressure" when i want to go around some sundays.

If I were you I would wonder: "What I want to do?" Sometimes we have to wonder "what I want" instead of "what I have to".

Finally: My honest opinon (from my stomache) is that I would not sell that nice truck.

Regards

Fernando

it's the sentimentality factor for me...I have into it what I would want out of it, but add that it was my first father/son project with me and my dad (no i don't have a kid ;)) and you get a HUGE sentimentality that would make me NEVER want to sell it.

if i totalled it, I'd buy another one and put whatever parts off of my truck that survived onto it. even if it didn't need those parts...I would do it.

it's the sentimentality factor for me...I have into it what I would want out of it, but add that it was my first father/son project with me and my dad (no i don't have a kid ;)) and you get a HUGE sentimentality that would make me NEVER want to sell it.

if i totalled it, I'd buy another one and put whatever parts off of my truck that survived onto it. even if it didn't need those parts...I would do it.

x2

I've got the '90 Eliminator with a 4 1/2 inch lift and soon to have 33's, Dana 44 rear and 30 front pretty much identical truck except for the rock guard along the bottom and I was offered $8000.00 for mine. I think he'd offer more if I would put a price on it to sell it. But as far as I'm concerned there ain't no price that would be worth that truck.

Hey I love my truck it just sits in the driveway right now, because I blew the motor finally. But if someone offered me 5000 on the spot ding ding. Because really down the road he would never sell it for that much. It is hard to gauge value on cars especially jeeps you may have put thousands of hours in it and maybe even thousands of dollars. But you are not going to get what you put into in $$$$. Only muscles cars have that kind of fluctuating value. But if you put it up for 9000 no one would buy that because hey you could get a decent MJ for 1000 or less put maybe 2 grand and get what you got.

But I agree that it is very flattering. I would have s*** myself if someone offered me that much for my truck. Because I have maybe 2500 in my truck. Got it free from my Dad. But man the amount of wheeling I have done and getting stuck those memories are priceless and that is why I wouldn't sell for anything less than 5000 right now. Because that is like 3000 more than what it is worth.

MJ's will hold/gain value if they're in nice shape, there aren't many out there and as more and more die and are scrapped, demand will increase.

i'll have my truck for another 35 years hopefully...the 3800 i mean. but I want my kids to be able to drive it to school every now and again, and it's something i value highly...I'd like to leave it to one of them (when I have kids)