86, 2.5 issues. I NEED TO DRIVE THIS THING!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking bad gas, so I contacted the PO to see how long it was sitting before I got it. He said it was only 7 months. But I might trydraining it anyway.

Since its been sitting so long and it may be a long shot but It can happen...

Since its at its half way mark and it starts then sputters... the feeding rubber hose may have split open and since it sits at about the half way mark of the gas tank this maybe your problem...

Before you add gas and go you may want to pull the sending just to check it out....

I was thinking bad gas, so I contacted the PO to see how long it was sitting before I got it. He said it was only 7 months. But I might try draining it anyway.

I would suspect this would be the culprit. If it's ethanol fuel, that stuff will start to separate after only 2-3 months of sitting without being run through the system now and again. Drain that garbage out and replace the fuel filter while you're at it. That little thing could be clogged as well. My truck used to stumble when it first started up when I originally got it, and after replacing the filter, the stumble went away. You'd be surprised what could be lurking in the gas tank..