No start, no crank

It could be either, could be both, could be neither... you don't give us much to go on.

You say it's intermittent... does that mean there's something you can do to make it work, or do you just come back and try again later?

If you've got an automatic transmission, then your neutral safety switch (nss) could likely use a good cleaning. It's a fairly common issue that will probably hit you sooner or later, especially if you see a lot of wet, muddy, or slushy driving. http://bc4x4.com/tech/2010/jeep-neutral-safety-switch-nss/ I had an intermittent no-crank, sometimes starting in neutral or moving the shifter back and forth quickly would get it to make enough contact to start. Other times, I just had to resort to shorting the solenoid, which once got me cuffed and tossed in the back of a cop car for stealing my own truck. :shake:  Other symptoms included intermittent reverse lights. When I cracked open the nss, it was full of a gritty, muddy, tar-like substance. I cleaned it up with brake cleaner, repacked it with dielectric grease, and ran a bead of RTV around the edge to seal it up.

Sorry guys for not enough info! It started up fine this morning but as I was heading down the driveway it quit on me. I tried starting it multiple times. And about the 5th time it finally cranked over and started. After sitting for a while, it starts right up! But if I drive it and turn it off, it won't crank until I turn the key about 5 times.

When I turn the key and it doesn't start it doesn't do anything. However the radio and heat still work when I turn the key. Its an automatic transmission with the straight 6.

When you get the no crank condition, enlist someone else to turn the key and try to start it for you. Turn on the headlights. You watch the headlights -- if they go dim when your helper tries to crank the engine, the starter and solenoid are working and there just isn't enough power to make it turn over. If the headlights DON'T dim when the key is turned to START, the starter isn't engaging or drawing any power.

Sorry guys for not enough info! It started up fine this morning but as I was heading down the driveway it quit on me. I tried starting it multiple times. And about the 5th time it finally cranked over and started. After sitting for a while, it starts right up! But if I drive it and turn it off, it won't crank until I turn the key about 5 times.

So it will start every time, just most of the time it needs the key cycled 5 times?

So it will start every time, just most of the time it needs the key cycled 5 times?

correct!

Have you checked your battery cables? A loose/corroded connection can allow enough current for accessories but not the starter. That said, if cycling the key "corrects" the problem, that might be where it's located... The ignition switch.

I am going to check the ignition switch. But is there any chance it could be the starter relay?