Snow wheelin!

johnny quest

Kinda wish it snowed here in so cal,,, but then again I'd rather not know what its like to deal with rust on cars :rotf: :chillin:

Sucks. All nice old vehicles can only be ran about 4 maybe 5 months out of the year....

Ive read about that on forums, seems like people have to plan their driving according to the seasons, but I bet you guys have drivers that are better prepared for bad driving conditions than we do if we get a drizzle everyone has to count on a few morons not knowing how to "drive accordingly"

... I bet you guys have drivers that are better prepared for bad driving conditions than we do if we get a drizzle everyone has to count on a few morons not knowing how to "drive accordingly"

One would think so, wouldn't they? Unfortunately it seems as though that every year those who drove through the elements the previous year completely forgot how and are always starting from scratch. As for the new drivers... well... those kids should've just stuck with riding the bus to school.  :shake: We've had a good foot of snow for a week now and people are still driving like maniacs out there. I teach at a tech college and 11 of the 38 students in my program have gotten into some kind of accident just this week... three of which managed to put their vehicle on its roof. Idiots... all of them. Dern kids and their tomfoolery.  :fs2:

35% of the class involved in collisions, 10% of the class rolled? Yeah, that's bad alright.

There's usually a bit of a (re)learning curve here, too, after the first big snowfall. I'm hoping it's not going to be that way though, as we've been very slowly accumulating in small quantities, not even an inch at time.

I've been commuting on our ring road to a new job for the last two weeks, and I've been held up 3 out of 10 days because some idiot rear-ended someone else. The first two were before it snowed. Distracted driving is what it is. Still can't understand why people can't DRIVE while they're driving. Seems like a pretty obvious thing to me...

The last one they didn't even bother moving the not-particularly damaged cars off the road. I was brought to a stop right before an exit, but I was planning on getting off at the next exit anyhow and then traffic crept forward a little so I figured I'd be fine and it would clear up. Wrong. Took me 25 minutes to make it the half-mile to the next exit, which was after the collision.