What WJ parts will swap.. axles, steering, etc.?

Hello all,

I have searched the forum and cannot find the answer.

I found a guy who is parting out his 2002 WJ. I've already got his MC/BB installed. Does anyone know if the axles are the same width; like can I take his D44 and disc brakes and bolt it in to mine? I assume I would need to weld on leaf spring perches but is there more to it? When I swapped in his MC, I plumbed into my existing proportioning valve. Is that ok or would I need his prop valve for the rear disc?

what else will swap in? I read that the thicker tie rods will bolt up.

Thanks

Tim

Iirc I think the zj v8 tie rods fit...unsure about the wj....

The rear dana 44 is not a desirable one because it's an aluminum casting....if you like to wheel hard in the rocks your better off swapping a 8.25...or keep the dana 35....

Also front axle may be low pinion compared to our high pinion axles

WJ axles are also wider than the XJ MJ. There are threads out there that take the WJ front spindle hub assy and with some other parts add bigger WJ front brakes to the XJ MJ. this mod will also allow you to go to high steer with the tie rods. Thw WJ tie rods would have to be narrowed or a custom setup made or purchased. The seats have also been known to be swappable with modification to the brackets. Beyond that there isnt much. I did use a WJ electric fan assy and modded it to my 2.5 MJ radiator to eliminate the engine driven fan.  .

Upper and Lower Control arms are usable with minor modification, both are beefier, and the lowers will allow larger tires to be ran without rubbing while making turns.

The Brake booster and master brake cylinder are also usable with minor modification.

Upper and Lower Control arms are usable with minor modification, both are beefier, and the lowers will allow larger tires to be ran without rubbing while making turns.

The Brake booster and master brake cylinder are also usable with minor modification.

This. The LCAs go in with slight modification and minor swearing and do make a difference. Just buy new ones - junkyard control arm bushings are pretty much guaranteed to be trashed by now since the newest WJ is now 10 years old. I've heard some conflicting reports about the uppers. According to members here, the brake booster swap is a little easier from a WJ than the typical 95/96 XJ.