Full width? Full retard!

Esgar

So I've been a member for a while, but now it's time to start my build thread. I promise only one thing: It will be slow.

1989 MJ (obviously) 4.0/5 speed/4x4 longbed, 731,xxx miles (engine only).

While not new to the Jeep scene by any means, this is my first MJ, had her for a little over a year now, and haven't had time nor money to do anything to her. Until now.

How you see it is how I got it last July, not sure what the previous owner was thinking with the horrid primer splotching and whatnot. When I got her, she'd been run into a concrete barrier and bent the D30, so when I got her, the first thing I did was ditch the Disco 30 for a non disco 30, and things stopped there. 

Today I went and scored me a new shiny thing to drop underneath the beast after discovering that the spiders in the fantabulous D35 were starting to fragment, and knowing their pension for longevity, I figured something a bit stronger was in order, and this is where I get slightly stupid.

The old D35 (everyone's favorite.) ((Don't mind the tape measure, it was for size comparison.))

Now for the new.

Meet the GM Corporate 14 bolt. For the few that do not know, it's a full floating one ton axle, this particular model is from a 1996 Suburban, and sports 4.11 gearing with a factory Detroit locker.

That will be a beefy upgrade.

My brother runs a 14 bolt in his MJ with 5.13s, Detroit locker, and disc brakes.

Can you get pictures of how he did his? I'm bouncing a few ideas around, and so far, that's the only 14B MJ I am aware of.

That looks pretty much exactly like my 9 inch setup aside from the carrier.

What's your plan for a front axle? Are you keeping the d30?

Looks like it will be fun though!

Nah, I'm going with a kingpin D60 high-pinion, OTK hydro-assist, and probably an OX to fill the belly of the beast.

The fabled DirtEater graces my page? I'm honored!

I like the build, I just wish it had been documented better, honestly.

yea i kinda skimped on the build thread.

anyway, my 14b came from a 2005 chevy 2500. techincally, i believe its called an AAM 11.5; came with disc and ebrakes from the factory and 4.10s

The fabled DirtEater graces my page? I'm honored!

I like the build, I just wish it had been documented better, honestly.

yea i kinda skimped on the build thread.

anyway, my 14b came from a 2005 chevy 2500. techincally, i believe its called an AAM 11.5; came with disc and ebrakes from the factory and 4.10s

There's to my understanding, a factory disc 14B that isn't built by American Axle, that looks identical, only with the smaller 10.5 ring instead of the AAM's 11.5 ring.'