Need advice on what I should pay for a comanche

MannyJ90

I am a Ford guy at heart but I don't turn down a good opportunity on owning anything fun, unique, lifted, or fast. My buddy offered me a Comanche so I joined to see what I should pay. I want to upload a pic but don't know how being that I am new to Comanche club....HELP!!

1990, 2 wheel, manual, rust free, no body damage, bumpers in tact not leaning, new tires, interior in fair condition, ac won't hold a charge, 150k miles, its a salvage title bc he picked it up at an auction..minor damage to driver side fender and hood. He showed me picture before and after, parts replaced and painted properly. I would post a pic but I'm new to the club so I don't know how. Thanks...

first off, best place to upload pics from that i use is photobucket. then just grab the image code, throw some around it, and boom, picture.

second, price. I'd put that around 1500 to maybe 2000. sounds like its in good shape, but its 2wd, and its got a salvage title. AC parts arent hard to find if youre good in a junkyard.

first off, best place to upload pics from that i use is photobucket. then just grab the image code, throw some around it, and boom, picture.

second, price. I'd put that around 1500 to maybe 2000. sounds like its in good shape, but its 2wd, and its got a salvage title. AC parts arent hard to find if youre good in a junkyard.

Yep...maybe less if he's going to cut you a deal. The 2WD thing kills it for me.

Be sure to look at the floor pans very closely for rust. Actually pull up the carpet and look. These poor trucks generally rust from the inside out.

If it truly is a rust free truck $2k is a fair price. The salvage title and 2wd reduce its value in my opinion.

Be sure to look at the floor pans very closely for rust. Actually pull up the carpet and look. These poor trucks generally rust from the inside out.

If it truly is a rust free truck $2k is a fair price. The salvage title and 2wd reduce its value in my opinion.

Personally I think 2wd is a moot point, still a good truck and 2wd gets around fine in the snow. The salvage title is the killer for me, but if it's in good mechanical condition and can pass an inspection to fix the title, 1500 sounds like a good price to me.