Which frame is the same at the front as my 89 mj?

vfb

I have an new-to-me 89 that I want to use for plowing my long driveway. Unfortunately the harness from my twin old truck is welded on and I'll need to replace it.   Finding a used one would be ideal, but I haven't been able to yet.

Looking for a new one, I find that no snow plow company makes anything or keeps stock for that age of truck.   They seem to have nothing for much earlier than '95, so I am wondering if a newer XJ might have the same front frame configuration as my MJ and I could order for that instead of listening to them say "sorry but the computer just doesn't show anything for that age". So far no one using their brain and saying "I think I remember that we once used a set up from a "…" for that type of truck since they're the same"

thanks folks

Thanks.... :thumbsup:

Hopefully that will make things easier. 

Oh, I am also needing a trailer hitch and it's the same story trying to find one....  what years would the XJ rear end of the unibody frame match?

No more sources for new MJ rear hitches for the last 3 years.  Just used or DIY

Plans and drawings are here on the ComancheClub.  Please use the search function.  This question seems to get asked about once a month.  If I locate some of the Hitch posts, I will edit this post.  But search is your friend and when you find it...Please post it in this thread for the next fellow to find.

Draw Tite hitch installation instructions:  See post #7 this thread:  http://comancheclub.com/topic/44109-swb-hitch/?hl=hitch

Here is the Granddaddy of the Hitch threads.  211, yes 211 total posts.  99.99% of your questions answered here:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/26626-receiver-hitch/page-11?hl=hitch&do=findComment&comment=431380

There is more info out there, but that should take care of you.

I'm pretty sure I bought the last known drawtite hitch from uhaul in may of last year . I called back to see if they had another and they told me they no and they wouldn't make me one either . There are people on here that have the measurements to make a hitch if you know someone that has the fab skills .