anyone do an egr delete?

I have done this before on my 86 z24 and 91 infiniti g20. Has anyone done this on an mj? I know I can do it, but are there any forseeable problems with doing it on a 'manche? I like the cooler running temperature as well as not recurculating all of that crap back through the motor, and have very good success before in doing this. It is no problem for me to pass inspection either.

• 6 months later...
I'm confused, but doesn't the EGR system actually cool the combustion chamber?

My comanche just failed emissions for high NO levels, and everything I've read points to a faulty EGR system.

yes it does and no it dosent. the EGR helps keep the fuel/air mixture from separating and turning into a liquid. EGR for street use is better than no EGR. for off road use, uild or buy a block off plate. EGR allows for a smoother idle and mettter effiency and more power believe it or not.

I'm confused, but doesn't the EGR system actually cool the combustion chamber?

My comanche just failed emissions for high NO levels, and everything I've read points to a faulty EGR system.

high NOx can also be a side effect of a lean burn condition, but in that case the CO/HC numbers will be pretty low (as Nox increases, HC/CO decrease, fuel ratio is more lean) and the opposite is true for rich burn conditions