Broken Injectors - Can I Use These?

So I bought these 746 injectors from eBay. Loser seller put 'em loose in a padded envelope and they arrived all broken up on the plastic tips.

So can I use these or are they junk? The hard plastic pieces that broke off/cracked do not look replaceable. And, for the cost of return shipping it's probably not worth returning them.

Dude also said they were brand new, I'm not so sure they were...

14061070087_293c06c757_c.jpg

File a case with ebay for item not as described they will return your money you will need to send them back though flat rate box is $5.40.  You can get the pintile caps off ebay and other places separate I think. Now I see your in canada shipping would be more. how much did you pay?

Did he short you ....or did you get a spare......or do you have the much sought after 5 cylinder MJ.........

JK :thumbsup:

The pintile caps are replaceable google it.....maybe you can use the ones off the old injectors

Shipping was $15 and he said he wouldn't refund that. So figure $15 more to send it back and then I'm out the $30 shipping and he's out nothing. Raw deal.

Anyway, so that's why I'm wondering if I could safely use them without that plastic end cap thing. It would be cheaper to keep them, at least I'd have something to show for my money.

He advertised them as 5 new unused injectors for $25 so I snagged 'em, I figured for that good price I could find the 6th.

Anyway, it seems like I should be able to replace the pintle caps. Now I know what they're called, I'll see what I can find out.

p.s. Read this thread to see why the 746 is a great choice for Renix engines: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/1990-renix-volvo-bosch-19-280-155-746-injector-swap-163105/

I have used other injectors, and then used 746s. They work great. Come out of 5 cylinder Volvos.....

Are you on cherokee forum at all? 

Yeah I noticed you had some input on the 746's. Nope I'm not on that forum, but it is one of the ones I search when looking for Renix/MJ stuff.

UPS and USPS usually "insures" parcels with $100 coverage automatically.  I shipped a framed $300 collectors photo (that buyer paid a bit extra for insurance) to Canada, it arrived smashed & destroyed.  The guy filed a claim with UPS and got all his money back.  He took the picture out and put it in another frame.  Ask UPS

Anyhoo, those are NOT new.  If you file a claim with ebay, you'll either get a refund, if he's done this repeatedly the guy could be banned (suspended) from ebay, and if you paid with PayPal you're miles ahead.  Then you can source the repalcement pintles and essentially get workable injectors for free.

UPS and USPS usually "insures" parcels with $100 coverage automatically.  I shipped a framed $300 collectors photo (that buyer paid a bit extra for insurance) to Canada, it arrived smashed & destroyed.  The guy filed a claim with UPS and got all his money back.  He took the picture out and put it in another frame.  Ask UPS

Anyhoo, those are NOT new.  If you file a claim with ebay, you'll either get a refund, if he's done this repeatedly the guy could be banned (suspended) from ebay, and if you paid with PayPal you're miles ahead.  Then you can source the repalcement pintles and essentially get workable injectors for free.

You were raised in Palo Alto? 

Well I'm going to wait the 3 days and report it to eBay and let them decide.

Regardless, if I keep them I will need new pintle caps. Cheapest place I've found online is $22 shipped to me but it's for 8 "kits" which include the o-rings and filters. The o-rings and filters look new on these injectors I got, so if I can just source 6 pintle caps on their own for cheap I will just keep these injectors and use them.

Since it's international, it would be a pain to file a claim, because I I've got to deal with Canada Post and/or USPS, And maybe they just point the finger at each other. Since I bought it on eBay and paid with PayPal I think one of them will stand behind the issue.