Vacuum Line Mess On A 1987 Renix

From the pictures you posted last night, it looks like you have one vacuum line not yet connected at the rear of the air box.

Yeah the tar is gross, it must have been some kind of grease from the factory that turned to sludge.

p.s. the high idle could be another vacuum leak.

So new developments here. It ran last night, and stalled out. Wouldn't start this afternoon, but I kept doing some stuff (rechecked the vacuum diagram once again, added a new chassis ground to the heat shield, installed a rear bumper finally, tried cleaning the tail light ground but the screw is stripped, and worked on degunking the C101 for the third time.) I bought the 4 gauge cable from NAPA to ground the negative battery ground to the radiator bolt but I realized my negative battery cable is grounded to my dipstick ground, does anyone have a photo of where it is supposed to be grounded because I can find it forward of the dip stick ground.

Anyways I did all of this and then added some fuel because I know the fuel gauge is not working. After that she fired right up and ran with out stalling. It makes a decent clinking noise towards the fan, I hope it's the fan itself and not a cylinder. I shut her down, then she wouldn't restart! What's going on! Any thoughts?