Mobile Device Problem? I-Phone And Cc

JENSSEN

Evening All,

I seem to be having an issue with the site, when I look at it on my I-Phone I seem to be challenged as it has a banner that says "OPEN IN APP" OR "INSTALL". I cleared my history and cookies and I still can't get in from my I-Phone

eq70g7.jpg

Am I the only one or technically challenged???

-J

This is why Tapatalk is a piece of $#!&. It hooks in everywhere and breaks the natural mobile experience for everyone else. I am modifying the latest version to stop that.

Yes by default that part sucks. I use Tapatalk on a few of my forums and I've completely removed that popup message because it's annoying.

Screw tapatalk....like I want an app on for every forum. No, I like to use the bookmarks in the browser.

My note 2 is set to default to regular sites and ignore mobile data. Same with my ipad.

Re your first comment: If done right, Tapatalk is OK in my books, I use it daily and it really saves me time since I visit many forums. No need for bookmarks, they're all in one list in the app and I pick the forum and it takes me directly to the new posts since my last visit for each site.

Re your second comment: OMG that's what web designers don't want. A well designed site IMHO will not force or give you a mobile option, you will see the same content on any device or screen size. It's called responsive design. As an example load up http://www.obd-codes.com the site should look nice on any screen, big or small. That's the way pretty much all sites should be IMHO.

This is why Tapatalk is a piece of $#!&. It hooks in everywhere and breaks the natural mobile experience for everyone else. I am modifying the latest version to stop that.

Yes by default that part sucks. I use Tapatalk on a few of my forums and I've completely removed that popup message because it's annoying.

Screw tapatalk....like I want an app on for every forum. No, I like to use the bookmarks in the browser.

My note 2 is set to default to regular sites and ignore mobile data. Same with my ipad.

Re your first comment: If done right, Tapatalk is OK in my books, I use it daily and it really saves me time since I visit many forums. No need for bookmarks, they're all in one list in the app and I pick the forum and it takes me directly to the new posts since my last visit for each site.

Re your second comment: OMG that's what web designers don't want. A well designed site IMHO will not force or give you a mobile option, you will see the same content on any device or screen size. It's called responsive design. As an example load up http://www.obd-codes.com the site should look nice on any screen, big or small. That's the way pretty much all sites should be IMHO.

1.). Exactly what I don't want; another browser system. Firefox is fine, and I click bookmarks to access what I want to see.

2.). Exactly what I do want; me forcing out "design" down to the bare minimum of data that I wish to see? Tapatalk and mobile sites cut out the things I care about...namely user info such as posts etc. but I actually want to see every option of the website without having umpteen zillion drop bars to use to access.

I don't even use facebook mobile...I use the desktop site through my phone browser. Can't stand the mobile site.