Rocker Panel Replacement/rock Sliders Pictures

I have seen some xj rocker panels cut out and replaced with square tubing. Has anyone accomplished this on an mj? I am considering this upgrade to get rid of a few dents and add rock sliders. I am planning on creating full length sliders.

Any pictures of this or something similar?

I would like to see pictures of sliders you have made.

I did it, but only because it was a cheap way to replace the rockers that were rotting away. Used 1/4" 2x4 box that was cut from an old International Harvester cultivator. It was very easy to install the box rockers  :driving:

Chop:

I didn't go all the way because this truck was never intended to be a hardcore wheeling rig.

Place:

Burn:

Paint:

When these box rockers land on a BFR, the tin noise resonates throughout the whole truck!

just to add this to the mix, but I avoided my rockers altogether (they are just rust anyways) and tied my sliders into the frame by going through the frame and welding to both sides. 

I don't think I could bring myself to cut or drill into rust-free rockers.  :(  protect them, don't wreck them

I don't think I could bring myself to cut or drill into rust-free rockers.  :(  protect them, don't wreck them

My thoughts exactly and as I have no nada zilch in the rust department...  I should have gotten them on a trip sooner. And some day, I need to trim up some fenders  :doh:

IMG_1307-M.jpgIMG_1308-M.jpgIMG_1309-M.jpg

Ya Pete Iv had that same thought but my 100% rust free rockers ultimately got shipped to a fellow member in Canada to be reinstalled in his truck so ....... I feel I like I saved a whole truck from the scraper ! Remember Pete , were all jeepers and jeepers are scavengers so nothing goes to waste .