O2 Sensor Pigtail

Had a bit of a rough time this past weekend. Old wiring nearly caught the truck on fire, but that's another story for another time.

While replacing said old wiring, I noticed the engine harness pigtail for the O2 sensor started to smoke, and sure enough, the lead power wire going into it sizzled against some intake ports, so I made a jumper connection to make it work.

Can I snag a connector out of the junkyard for a 4.0 and wire it into the 2.5 O2 sensor, or are they completely different styles? Don't dabble too much with the 4.0 stuff, but I might start having too since 2.5's are virtually non-existant down here in FL.

Just as an FYI in case anyone else runs into this problem:

Only a 4.0 RENIX pigtail will be plug and play on a 2.5 equipped RENIX (?) MJ, as the HO variant is a 4 wire connector, as is the exhaust O2 sensor pigtail. This remains unconfirmed on the MPFI 2.5 models

Gotta look out for other 2.5 guys out there. Of course, I'm sure one could make the HO plug work, but I didn't bother grabbing any to test which wire goes to what, etc.

I can look at my 94 ZJ later this weekend and suss out the O2 wiring, if you still need to know.

Has  4 pin square connector.......Different animal.

Indeed, but if one can figure out said 4 wires and their functions, some creative wiring may get the connector to work, which would be cool for us 2.5 guys, because, well, finding 2.5 Renix stuff is a PITA!

I can look at my 94 ZJ later this weekend and suss out the O2 wiring, if you still need to know.

Has  4 pin square connector.......Different animal.

Indeed, but if one can figure out said 4 wires and their functions, some creative wiring may get the connector to work, which would be cool for us 2.5 guys, because, well, finding 2.5 Renix stuff is a PITA!

See post 7. That connector is as common as belly buttons.