Rear Disc Brake Conversion D44

Just jumped in on this thread. I'll never understand why when someone ask a specific question, as in this case "Rear Disc Brake Conversion D44", then everyone jumps in and interject non-relevant stuff like the D44 isn't worth it, the 8.25 is better, it's hard to do on a D44, etc. etc.

Who cares about someone's opinion that an D44 is inferior (I don't), or it's harder to do (it's not), or an 8.25 is better (it's not). Just answer the OP's question; if you don't know, don't post. The OP wants answers, not opinions. This crap happens all the time here.

And thanks to Ben (and johnny) for finally answering the question.

It is simple: sometimes people are overlooking things. Not knowing each individual poster and their knowledge level it is possible that said poster has been fed a line of bull, such as the smaller than average D44 axle tube MJ version is some god-send axle. For every disgruntled poster ( or a person taking the thread equally off topic with their "stay on topic rant" ) you get as many responses along the lines of "Thanks, I never thought of that" or "Man, everybody told me that I had to go to xxxx to get xxxx." If you say you have never suggested an alternative route to someone in a post I would call shenanigans. I noticed that while complaining about people including extraneous info/opinions you took your chance to interject your opinions ( I don't, its not, it's not) when your opinions are just as irrelevant as the other opinions you are complaining about. You could have made your point more easily without posting your opinions but apparently added your own unnecessary (your claim) opinions. The OP wants answers, not opinions, right? Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. JeepDriver also makes a point regarding the info actually IN the OP. 

(BTW: The comments were "not worth the hassle," "easily comparable to", and "offer nothing over" not that the D44 is inferior or the 8.25 superior. )

Regardless, I posted the title of this thread the way I did because that's the wording i kept coming back too after searching all over a few forums. I don't care what fits a 8.25 specifically (this time in this thread) only a D44. I plan to post exactly what works in this thread for future use!

AK

Sorry. I couldn't tell which rule applied to this thread at this time and which didn't  :yes: . Another off-topic suggestion/opinion, just as a reader, is that if you get a plan together you could make a new thread with the good info in the first post or edit it into the first post of this thread if nothing else. Even if it is relevant many don't like reading through responses, even relevant ones like "didn't so-and-so do this?", to get to the good stuff. 

Just jumped in on this thread. I'll never understand why when someone ask a specific question, as in this case "Rear Disc Brake Conversion D44", then everyone jumps in and interject non-relevant stuff like the D44 isn't worth it, the 8.25 is better, it's hard to do on a D44, etc. etc.

Who cares about someone's opinion that an D44 is inferior (I don't), or it's harder to do (it's not), or an 8.25 is better (it's not). Just answer the OP's question; if you don't know, don't post. The OP wants answers, not opinions. This crap happens all the time here.

And thanks to Ben (and johnny) for finally answering the question.

It is simple: sometimes people are overlooking things. Not knowing each individual poster and their knowledge level it is possible that said poster has been fed a line of bull, such as the smaller than average D44 axle tube MJ version is some god-send axle. For every disgruntled poster ( or a person taking the thread equally off topic with their "stay on topic rant" ) you get as many responses along the lines of "Thanks, I never thought of that" or "Man, everybody told me that I had to go to xxxx to get xxxx." If you say you have never suggested an alternative route to someone in a post I would call shenanigans. I noticed that while complaining about people including extraneous info/opinions you took your chance to interject your opinions ( I don't, its not, it's not) when your opinions are just as irrelevant as the other opinions you are complaining about. You could have made your point more easily without posting your opinions but apparently added your own unnecessary (your claim) opinions. The OP wants answers, not opinions, right? Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. JeepDriver also makes a point regarding the info actually IN the OP. 

(BTW: The comments were "not worth the hassle," "easily comparable to", and "offer nothing over" not that the D44 is inferior or the 8.25 superior. )

Regardless, I posted the title of this thread the way I did because that's the wording i kept coming back too after searching all over a few forums. I don't care what fits a 8.25 specifically (this time in this thread) only a D44. I plan to post exactly what works in this thread for future use!

AK

Sorry. I couldn't tell which rule applied to this thread at this time and which didn't  :yes: . Another off-topic suggestion/opinion, just as a reader, is that if you get a plan together you could make a new thread with the good info in the first post or edit it into the first post of this thread if nothing else. Even if it is relevant many don't like reading through responses, even relevant ones like "didn't so-and-so do this?", to get to the good stuff.

No apologies needed. But yes I agree; probably a post in the DIY section would be better.

Since you want to go with chromo shafts, just get a pair for a Rubicon they come with the correct bearing retainer, at least mine from Alloy USA did.

But did they fit without modification? Or do you have a D44 from a TJ? The flange bolt pattern is different between a TJ D44 and an XJ/MJ D44. That's how I ended up with two pair of the TJ axle seal retainers. I bought a new set of alloy shafts and the wrong retainer plates were in the box.
I don't think I had to modify the retainers, but that I was done 6 years ago so I can't say for sure. My 44 came out of an XJ. I would look and let you know, but I'm out of town till next week.