33S Or 35S? Your Input Appreciated.

I was going to get 33s, but got 35s because the price was the same. Over the course of 30 broken front axle shafts and 4 differentials I have been wishing I got the 33s I was planning on.

Sitting on 37s and one tons now, though.

Okay. 6.5 and 33s is NOT a lot of lift. That's what I'm at right now and it's perfect. Looks, performance, the whole bit.

I do want to say that the extra clearance you gain from going to 33s to 35s might be minimal but i can tell you this, there have been several situations where an inch or two would have let me ride out a ledge, a rutted climb and even just a boulder field. It really meant the diff hanging or not. Sure you could stack a few rocks but that's cheating! LOL

I say go with what your first instinct was. 35s, so be it. Get used, you don't like it, sell them. 35s are the easiest tire to flip in the offroad world. Hell even trade down to 33s if yiu hate it because there will always be someone looking to step up. You might not be properly set up form then gear wise but I sure bet you can get by.

The impulse guy up there nailed it pretty good

Okay. 6.5 and 33s is NOT a lot of lift. That's what I'm at right now and it's perfect. Looks, performance, the whole bit.

I do want to say that the extra clearance you gain from going to 33s to 35s might be minimal but i can tell you this, there have been several situations where an inch or two would have let me ride out a ledge, a rutted climb and even just a boulder field. It really meant the diff hanging or not. Sure you could stack a few rocks but that's cheating! LOL

I say go with what your first instinct was. 35s, so be it. Get used, you don't like it, sell them. 35s are the easiest tire to flip in the offroad world. Hell even trade down to 33s if yiu hate it because there will always be someone looking to step up. You might not be properly set up form then gear wise but I sure bet you can get by.

The impulse guy up there nailed it pretty good

32's/33's would tuck really wheel with that lift. Just use shocks that give you a full range of motion and you would not have to bumpstop as much to keep the tires out of the body ( if at all )

I'll throw another wrench in the monkey works...

Depends on the tires... most of them are not exactly the height they say they are.  At one time I ran 34x9.50 Super Swamper TSL's on my XJ.  They were 33.8" tall.  When I found I couldn't keep them on the bead of even 6" rims with tire pressures under 10, I went to 33x12.50 TSL's.  I had experience with these on my CJ5 and knew they could run down to 2psi if need be, even on 10" rims.  A lot of people gave me crap for going down an inch, but the 33x12.50 is 33.7" tall.  It didn't bother me to "sacrifice" 1/10".  It did mean I had to trim a lot more from the wheel wells to run the wider tires though. One of my wheelin' buddies (I had actually bought the 34x9.50's from him), was running 35" tall Dunlops on his XJ - and they weren't any taller than my 33" TSL's.  LOL

^ VERY true. I'm a tire nut. I build and restore cars for a living. So in this hand i LOVE 33x10.5 KM2's, in the other hand i LOVE 35x12.5 MTR's.

So I'm torn between those 2 for now.

Ultimately id love to be like mvusse cause i want tons and 37s. I saw 37 KM2s right after install on a black TJ and i was sold.  lol

But tons are a ways down the road for me. Having been a drag racer my whole life, and wheeled on the side with friends. I don't know how far into crawling i will get once i have my own rig.

So I'm gonna ease into this. :) 

Those KM2's run a bit short, I think. I have a KM1 and a KM2 sitting in the same wheels in my yard right now and the KM1 is a bit taller, if skinnier... so, 35" KM2's would be killer. A 33" KM2 might end up looking like a really fat 31.