Cb Radio!

This actually interests me somewhat as I have my old Cobra 25 from my last truck sitting in a closet collecting dust.  I was thinking about mounting it on the top of the dash, but realized that there probably won't be enough room, and it would look ugly.  Since I got rid of the full size console for the mini-console, I have a space between it and the dash that would be nearly perfect for it, so I am thinking of making my own custom angled bracket with some sheet steel I have laying around and securing it to the dash rail.

Overhead mounting makes me nervous.  I'm 6'5 and mostly torso.  As it is my head is fairly close to the headliner, and I have this thing about stuff being in close proximity of my head, even if it doesn't post much threat to actually causing me harm.

I was thinking of mounting mine exactly like you have yours PFCLeist, but between the dash and mini console, right behind the shifter.  It should fit, and the Hurst shifter I have on the AX-15 has a shorter throw, so the lever shouldn't even hit it.

NICE! An ashtray-radio would kill! I was thinking of pulling the stereo, installing it in the dash slot, and just running an old ipod or something similar to a small power amp. Save some space and pick my own music. I don't need to be advertised to 24-7 anyway.

I actually have a pair of tight coil shorty CB antennas matched to my CB that I am probably going to bed rail mount when/if I get around to installing it.  

The ash tray mounting idea was essentially what I was looking to do.  With the ash tray removed it looks like it will leave a perfectly sized space for narrower CB's like mine.