Headlights on with doors open ... no chime?

I can give you muy experience with this. When I bought my 1988 in Argentina I studied every wiring drawing from a suscription of ALLDATA DIY and, to my surprise, found out that there was a chime module. I checked the truck and found no module. I guess somebody put it away.

Then I tried to find this in the market without success and decided to prepare a home-made version of it with the help of a friend who knows electronic .

The important thing is that when i checked the harness in the truck I realized that there were wires for 3 inputs: For door open, another for headlights on and a third one for the key in the cylinder. The module I developed and have running has three different sounds for each condition.

So my 1988 harness is prepared to receive a stock chime module. Even with the pin for headlights on.

Hornbrod: I would like to have a stock chime module. Whear can i get this part you mention (22514857. Also has SF8956001076 written on the side).

One more thing:

This chime module also controls the warning light and the alarm for the safety belt. I did not know what was the stock function of this module then what I did is:

Light on and sound alarm on too as soon as you turn key without your safety belt fastened. If you fasten it then both are gone. If not the sound off after one minute and light remains on. OEM part number is 5600 1347

Hornbrod: I would like to have a stock chime module. Whear can i get this part you mention (22514857. Also has SF8956001076 written on the side).

Fernando;

The Mopar part number for the BLUE case 8-pin Buzzer Warning Module (the black module does not have the LIGHTS ON alarm) is 5600 1076. $15.95 from Chrysler Parts Direct.

Thanks for the info hornbrod. I will try to bring one to Argentina. Best regards

I do have a couple of spares and I can send you one if needed. These alarm modules can cause when they go short out, like knock your dash lights out, and create other weird electrical problems, so it's better to get a new one if you can Fernando.

Regards, Don

I do have a couple of spares and I can send you one if needed. These alarm modules can cause problems when they go short out, like knock your dash lights out, and create other weird electrical problems, so it's better to get a new one if you can Fernando.

Fernando, just called Chrysler parts Direct - this part is not available anymore - anywhere. I really do not want to give up the only one I have (thought I had two but one of them is the black one w/o the LIGHTS ON alarm). So your only option is the junkyard, or maybe one of the forum members. I do remember that one of the fine forum members here, MJeff from VA, kindly sent me one awhile back when I could not find one. Jeff, can you help ol' Fernando out? :cheers:

Hmmm...if I sent you one, that was the extra one I thought I had :oops:

No problemo though, they're all over the junkyard. I'm going out of town again this weekend, but will be back and was planning a junkyard run on Monday afternoon. PM me a mailing address Fernanado, and I'll get one off to ya next week.

Jeff