Rim and tire question

I want to run a 34x10.50x15 tire.

I have a 15x7 set of rims, and a 15x8 set of rims, does it matter which I choose? I don't want to blow the tire off the rim when I air down.

(the 15x7's are prettier)

Thanks!

actually these are the rims, they arent in my posession yet, but probably would be...

The 15x8 with 3.75 are just black soft 8 steelies.

I think they are 15x7 with 3.75" bs. Will these work okay on the MJ?

153299.jpg

well that sucks... not even close to livable? or some spacers or something?

Well, 30x9.5s with stock backspacing/width doesn't hit, but 31x10.5s do, so 34x10.5s would be pretty bad.

You can run spacers and it'd be fine. Same effect as running less backspacing.

well that sucks... not even close to livable? or some spacers or something?

If they're as feerocknok said (and I wouldn't doubt him, 5.25 sounds right), they'll be horribly nasty with 34s. You won't be able to turn.

You could run some good spacers (say, 1.5" or 2") but, they're quite pricey and make it often not worth it. Also, spacers have their own inherent disadvantages.

WJ LCA's not ZJ...

I agree those are factory BS so 5.25 is what they are. The side knobs on swampers is what ruins it for you. Otherwise, it likey would be liveable.

The WJ LCA's COULD be the ticket. I haven't measured to see what they actually give in extra clearance. Pete has a set, I'm sure he will measure for ya!!

PETE....OH PETE...you up yet????????

CW

I’m at work right now, but I can measure the set I have tonight and post up if Pete doesn’t. They would work with drop brackets, which you would need at 5". Plus, the frame end is slightly larger than the factory bracket, so you could build your drop brackets to the correct width and not have to cut the bushing. Gojeep has a niiice writeup on his site on how he did his DB's with WJ LCA's.

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

W

PETE....OH PETE...you up yet????????

CW

At 5:43 AM? :eek: Are you kidding? I usually hit the sack at 3am.

As to measurements, I'd guess they give about an inch of extra space. They also give a smooth surface for the tire to touch rather than the harsh edge of the stock arms. I'm not sure if they'd be enough to prevent all contact with 34s, but with them and a small amount of steering stop adjustment, I'd think you could get away with it. But only for stock height MJs or if you use drop brackets.