Funny Grand Cherokee Commercial

Zenobian_84

I think it's one of the sweetest cars ever made, and to me the most beautiful, too. I've been in one of the 2 remaining originals, and have driven one of the replicas. I was so impressed I tried to raise enough money to buy the production rights, body molds, and tooling when they went up for sale about 20 years ago. Too bad I came up short.

The fella who did get them raised the price and was successful when the market for them improved. If you're interested, look up "Beck Spyder". They are so light (~ 1,500 pounds) that they give very good performance with very little power from a flat-4... but if you toss in a 911 flat six, you can get a level of performance that ranges from scary to terrifying, depending on engine size and state of tune.

Any idea where that ad originally aired? I doubt that it was U.S. broadcast television (unless edited) even if ya think '96 was that much less PC.

My guess would be Europe; possibly Canada too. I know it wasn't in America, unless Chrysler was throwing around ideas for a commercial. Of course, there is no indication from the license plates.  :dunno: